IGNORED

1084 Amiga monitor with Catbox and Jag

doctorclu

I heard the 1084 monitor will work with the RGB and the Catbox.  Can someone please give some advice on how this is made workable?  I've tried it, but just get a garbled signal.

Doctor Clu

What cable are you using?

Mitch

I'm using a standard RGB cable or so I thought.

Is there anything special that needs to be wired or done? Does this typically work without problem with a standard RGB cable? (If so, might be my cable.)

Thanks!

Doctor Clu

If it's just a straight through 9 pin cable then that is the problem. The catbox and monitor use different DB9 pinouts, for mine I sniped off one end of the cable and wired up a new DB9 connecter using the correct pinouts.

Mitch

So where can I find how to make a catbox RBG cable? (Pinouts and all) All I have to say is how lame to make a standard looking RGB port and not have it be all that standard. Just dumb!

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this pinout question.

Doctor Clu

@>><-->--------------------------

I just read about your problems and have another question in that regard. I bought a SVIDEO cable to connect my Catbox to the Tv.

The image is there but with very strange colours. They are very very strong, like also white spots have some colour :-) And the picture isn't very sharp. Anyone have any clue?

Is it that something has to be wired differently?

Did anyone encounter sonething like that before?

Thanks

Peter

So where can I find how to make a catbox RBG cable?  (Pinouts and all)   All I have to say is how lame to make a standard looking RGB port and not have it be all that standard.  Just dumb!

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this pinout question.

Doctor Clu

@>>--------------------------

I don't recall the pinouts offhand. They are listed in their respective manuals both of which are available online. I don't recall the URLs but a Google search should turn them up. If you can't find them let me know and I'll see if I can dig them up.

I have no idea on the S-Video problem, mine works fine with a standard cable.

Mitch