IGNORED

Gameboy Advance B-Sides?

i have no clue what a b-side is but i think it's going to be awesome to have a multi-cart for the GBA (i reserved a GBA last week...can't wait!!).

anyways even though i don't know what a b-side is i wanted to list some games i'd like to see on a multicart.

dark chambers

dig dug

midnight magic

frogger

ms. pacman

keystone kapers

jungle hunt

solaris

spider fighter

joust

popeye

mario bros.

desert falcon

pole position

+ a few rares that i don't own but want to play on the go anyways..BMX airmasters to name one.

Games I'd like to see on this thing, taking into account the "marquee" thing, and content (unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get to play Custer's Revenge or Halloween on a Game Boy Advance. >:D). For simplicity's sake, I'm ignoring the "licensing" issues, which would exclude a bunch of good titles. A good chunk of these would end up on an Activision/Imagic classic games pack, I'm sure.

Any chance of the games on this thing being linkable for multiplayer? =)

Adventure

Aquaventure

Armor Ambush

Atari Video Cube

Barnstorming

Basketball

Beamrider

Berzerk (is this "marquee?)

BMX Airmaster

Bobby Is Going Home

Boing!

Bowling

Bump 'N' Jump

Chopper Command

Circus Atari

Combat (is this "marquee"?)

Cosmic Commuter

Dark Cavern

Demon Attack

Enduro

Entombed

Fishing Derby

Gravitar

Haunted House

H.E.R.O.

Human Cannonball

Keystone Kapers

Laser Gates

Megamania

Moonsweeper

Motorodeo

Mountain King

Night Driver

Pengo

Polaris

Private Eye

Quick Step

Ram It

River Raid (probably "marquee", but 'ey...)

Secret Quest

Sky Jinks

Solaris

Sprintmaster

Stampede

Star Raiders (with adapter to connect the keypads to the GBA, hahahahahaha)

Steeplechase

Subterranea

Tennis (Activision)

Time Pilot

Tunnel Runner

Wall Ball

Wall Defender

Warlords (linkable, of course...)

Wizard Of Wor

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Scott Crawford ]

Boy you guys want to see a lot of games. I don't blame you. But what I'd truly like to see happen is games that amature programmers have made. There's a lot of good talent out there and to see some of their work on an actual comercial item would be really cool. Games like:

Oysteron

This Planet Sucks

Thrust

QB

and others (I can't remember off the top of my head)

But thats what I think should be included as well as some of the classic games.

I own a Japanese GBA and I would buy ANY cart that has classic Atari games. I dont know what counts as B side or not, but the one I would like to see most is River Raid. There are a hundred other games I would love to see, however that is the one that stands out the most to me.

I'm wondering if this multicart will include Atari-copyrighted-only titles, or whether they have the rights to include third party titles (Activision, CBS Electronics, M-Network, etc.) I'm hoping the latter, but I have a feeling it'll only be those games for which Infogrames, through ownership of Atari, hold the copyrights to.

Nevertheless, here's my list of things I'd like to see on the multicart:

- Tunnel Runner (One of my faves)

- Spike's Peak

- Ghost Manor (yes, I liked the Xonox games :-)

- Crystal Castles

- Montezuma's Revenge (I LOVED this one)

- Mr. Do! and Mr. Do's Castle (despite being bad conversions)

- Haunted House

- Adventure (B-Side? I can't see Infogrames wanting to do anything with this...)

- Star Raiders (Probably not a B-Side, but I can wish :-)

- Combat (This would be _great_ linked)

- ANY Activision title (they were all good)

- Dark Chambers

- ANY Imagic title (these were also quite good)

- Dig Dug

- All the Supercharger titles

- Jungle Hunt

- Mario Bros.

- Miner 2049er

- Mousetrap

- Night Stalker

- Pole Position

- Popeye

- Pooyan

- Porky's (I dunno, I liked it. :-)

- Q-Bert

- Quest for Quintanna Roo

- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Yeah, yeah. I liked it)

- Superman

- Swordquest: Earthworld and Fireworld

- Vanguard

- Venture

- Yar's Revenge

Can't wait for GBA! I'm looking forward to the Tony Halk game (it looks good!) as well as Fire Pro Wrestling (yeah, love wrestling - say what you will....lol).

But, don't know what makes a "B" side game, but here's what I would like to see:

River Raid

Moon Patrol

Tron Deadly Disks

...and there is more, but I'm tired and need sleep. lol

Al www.blowoutmagazine.com

In reference to the news on the main page:

Have you ordered a Gameboy Advance or do you plan on purchasing one? Would you buy a multicart of b-side games? What titles would you recommend to be included?

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]

The Gameboy Advance will be a good addition to my collection. I like the idea of having a portable system that is more powerful than the SNES. Some of the upcoming games are looking very good.

My choices for B-sides (what qualifies as a B-side?):

Laser Gates, Laser Blast, Crystal Castles, Pac26 (yes a hack), Adventure, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Barnstorming, Beamrider, Berzerk, Defender, Defender II, Frogger, H.E.R.O. (if it's a B-side), Jr Pac-Man, Ms Pac-Man, Klax, Keystone Kapers, Missile Command, Yar's Revenge, Mouse Trap, Pitfall (I know, not a B-side), Q-Bert, Raiders of the Lost Ark, River Raid, Trick Shot, Starmaster, Enduro, Robot Tank, and I'm sure a few others LOL

I'm getting one for sure, and I'd pick up a 2600 B-Side cart without even thinking about it! That'd be great!

I'd like to see:

Ms. Pac-Man

Solar Fox

Space Invaders

Video Pinball

Stampede

Phoenix

Galaxian

Maze Craze

Missile Command

Kaboom!

Keystone Kapers

Surround

...and I'm sure many, many others that are not coming to mind at the moment.

I will buy one but it has to have these games:

Space Invaders

Asteroids

Berzerk

Missile Command

Tunnel Runner

H.E.R.O

Beamrider

Klax

Deamon Attack

Atlantis

Moonsweeper

Stargate or Defender II

Pac Man (new version)

Ms Pacman

Pitfall II

Battle Zone

Robot Tank

Boing!

All StarPath Games!

Tron Adventure

Adventure

Plus a lot more, as you can see I could go on

forever

/| Guy /|

I certainly plan on purchasing a Gameboy Advance, although I'm disappointed that it doesn't have a backlit screen. I'm hoping someday that Nintendo will release a version with a nice backlit TFT screen that uses rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries. I'd easily pay $200 for such a beast.

It'll be nice having a decent, color portable game system that's actually well-supported. I love the Lynx and all, but it's getting a bit difficult to find new games for it these days. Not to mention it's rather large, doesn't have a great screen (yes, it's backlit but has a terrible refresh rate), and the battery life sucks.

Plus, if all goes well I hope to develop GBA games sometime in the near future.

I will definitely purchase any Atari 2600-related multicarts that are released for the GBA!

..Al

I am Christopher A. Haslage, co-owner of Haslage Net Electronics.

I do thank everyone here for posting their suggestions and also keep those suggestions coming!

To define a b-side is kinda hard. The original origin from b-side came from classic 45 RPM records. A record always had an A-Side (the song they wanted to promote) and a B-Side (a song from the album that might get some airplay).

Sometimes the B-Sides were better than the A-Sides. Point in case Pac-Man (A-Side) and Jungle Hunt (B-Side). I enjoy Jungle Hunt way more, but Pac-Man is a staple and everyone knows it.

Finally, feel free to list any games. After which we will go through them and take out the ones we think we won't be able to use.

Once again, thanks to the nice suggestions and let them keep on coming!

Later Days,

Chris

Chris,

Good move by your company, bringing Atari to the masses again!

some ideas:

Games:any good games, the guys here have mentioned some, maybe thier could be a way of say for example, doing a stright Atari portover and then giving the player an option of Atari graphics or new GBA graphics used similar in gameboy titles such as Game and Watch gallery, these would appeal to new players and use old crownies too!

Instructions:maybe re-using old pics that were used on the old atari carts? Everybody admits this art was superb and would be great to see it used again with its original game

history:an on-screen history behind the game, Atari history is great reading such as the development, release date and all that

my personal selection of games would be:

Missle Command

Superman

Yar's Revenge

Ms.Pacman

Empire Strikes back

Combat (please do this one!)

Kaboom!

Circus Atari

Centipede

Star Raiders

Pele's soccer

Crystal castles

maybe the arcade conversion ones maybe be a bit of a bother, due to copyrights and that

anyway, love the idea of b-sides! )

Lee

I'm getting a GBA, would like to see space invaders as a B-Side. And Yars revenge too. By, the way I was playing Yars the other day and it just stopped and instead of a score coming up it said something like HSWWSW. Have I completed it? Did it crash ?

haha, thats actually an easter egg

that HSWS2 is the programmers initials. Howard Scott Warshaw and the last two digits designate that Yars Revenge was his second game. Now the way you got that; after you destroy the Quotile you will see a vertical line where ever your Cannon struck the Quotile or his fire ball. If you position yourself on top of that line as the game goes to the next level it will make those letters appear.

So what do you have to do to complete the game? Ive been playing it off and on since 1985!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the game doesn't really end. It just keeps going and going. If you don't want the game to crash like that. Avoid that vertical line I was talking about.

id love to see many many games some of those are:

space invaders

ms.pac-man

haunted house

frogger

missle command

yars revenge

activision ice hockey

empire strikes back

galaga or galaxian

centipede

enduro

pole pos.

robot tank

copper command

river raid

sea quest

I've been playing my nice new Game Boy Advance for about 3 hours now, I love this thing, except for the fact that my fat fingers are greasing up the corners of the screen already. Quite frankly, I think they could fit darn near every 2600 game ever made onto one of these time GBA carts. The graphic quality surpasses the SNES, easily. Impressive system, and a lot of fun. I'd love to see any and all 2600 games on my GBA any day now.

Even after reading what someone's idea of a "b-side" is, I still don't understand why you would call a game a "b-side."

If two games are released at the same time, like Activision did, there would really be a "b-side" game and sometimes the "b-side" game would be more popular.

When you compare Pitfall to Megamania, which one would you say is the "b-side?" If you said Megamania, you're wrong. Pitfall was supposed to be the "b-side."

But how in the world can you call a game a "b-side" when no "a-side" game came out with it?

You can't compare Pac-Man with Jungle Hunt, saying that Pac-Man is an "a-side" and Jungle Hunt is a "b-side" because they didn't come out at the same time. Pac-Man was released in April of 1982 and Jungle Hunt was released in July of 1983. There's no comparing.

It's not "kind of hard" to define a "b-side," it's impossible unless you are actually defining a "b-side" game that was released with an "a-side" game at the same time, by the same company.

Why try to awkwardly force a label onto most of these games that doesn't fit anyway? It's stupid.