IGNORED

Atari 2600 trackball

colwyn

I picked up this trackball at a thrift store among a box of other Atari and third party joysticks and paddles for $1. Is this a 2600 controller? I can't find much about the name Accuball, but it has one button and 9 pins like a standard Atari controller. I did a net search but could not find out any info for this puppy. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't tried it out on the ol' machine yet, but I soon will and I'll post if it worked or not. :D

Well, I tested it out. It works GREAT! I played REACTOR with it and it was better than using a joystick. I even played Popeye and it worked fine. Centipede was a BLAST! It does not function as a paddle (I tried Night Driver just to see). I still have never heard of it. I'm pretty sure that 2600 trackballs are rare. I wish I still had my 130XE to try it out there, but it would probably work.

As far as I was told colwyn, there are 5 atari 2600 trackball controllers, the 2 from Atari, the WICO trackball, The JoyBall from Marjac who also made the RomScanner and your Accuball which I belive the box has a eagel head logo on it.

:ponder: :ponder: :?

I remember the Wico one. Who can forget the red and black? I was never much into the trackballs because I was never a big Centipede fan, but I did love missile command, however money dictated to me at the time that the Atari joystick worked just fine. How rare is the Accuball?

As far as I was told colwyn, there are 5 atari 2600 trackball controllers, the 2 from Atari, the WICO trackball, The JoyBall from Marjac who also made the RomScanner and your Accuball which I belive the box has a eagel head logo on it.

:ponder:  :ponder::?

This one has the eagle on it. ;)

un-roller.jpg

:ponder:  :ponder::?

This one has the eagle on it. ;)

un-roller.jpg

The un-roller controller is not a trakball. You have to press a certain direction to move. It functions more as a joystick AFAIK.

The un-roller controller is not a trakball. You have to press a certain direction to move. It functions more as a joystick AFAIK.

That's the one I was talking about. THAT AIN'T NO TRACKBALL! It really is a joystick, believe it or not. It's one of the worst ideas in the history of gaming.