IGNORED

The Music Machine Record?

ATARIPITBULL

I just won an auction off of Ebay for The Music Machine Record which the seller say's that they were sold with Atari 2600 systems in the 70's, can anyone here tell me anything about it? Is it worth anything? was this really sold with Atari 2600 systems in the 70"s and was it made by Atari?

Any help please.

:ponder: :? :?

Unfortunately, if what you paid for on Ebay is what CPUWIZ posted pics of, it has absolutely nothing to do with Atari as best as I can remember. What CPUWIZ posted pics of is a Christian music album that I remember my church doing a musical of when I was 7 or 8 years old (which does put it in the 70's). Could you post a pic of it? Or does it match what CPUWIZ posted?

OK, so this has nothing to do with atari at all? if so, I am not going to pay for it, even if I get a negative and I will report this person to ebay for false information.

:?  :x  :x

I wouldn't do that man, read the description again, it says "not Atari 2600" !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4000590982

:ponder:

The Atari game is based off it. Or the series or musical or whatever the hell it was LOL. You see people auctioning them together, but the record is easily a couple thousand times more common than the cart. It does make for an interesting collectible tie-in if you have the game, ;) Set a shelf aside for it & the 2600 game, preferably boxed, maybe add Eli's to the other side of it, then put all the Mystique/Playaround games on the shelf below them. :) Maybe even add boxed copies of TCM & Halloween above, with the double ender between, 8)

VGA .. that's a pretty freaky avadar! Also funny surrounding the two Christian games with games influenced by ..... should I say ..... Satan! :)

I sold my Music Machine LP for $10 on eBay about one year ago. I advertized mine as NOT Atari also but it would be of interest to Atari collectors.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, Ga

I remember my brother and I playing this LP over and over when we were little kids. I still can recall a couple of the songs from that inane album.

If anyone who has the Atari cart and needs the vinyl, email me, 'cause I'm pretty sure it's exactly where I left it nearly 20 years ago -- the upstairs of my grandma's house.

I'd be more than willing to trade the vinyl album for a decently-rare Atari cart. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll go exploring through the closets.

Max

Getting yet further off topic, I believe that there was also a Music Machine 2 album as well (in case anyone wants a complete collection ;) ).

Ah yes...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&u...l=Aj6jleau14xg7

And the original:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&u...l=A1kq6g40btv5z

Not too much info on these, perhaps someone would like to submit a review.

it is an urban legend that the record was sold with the game. i think an old version of the DP guide mentions that rumor. current thinking is that the record was NOT sold with the game, but was located in the same religious store at the time of sale...along with other various music machine records, tapes, comic books, etc. i'm pretty sure i have a video tape of an episode of the music machine series.

hmm, how long before this happens on ebay:

can of coke...NOT atari 2600, rare rare RARE

this can of coke inspired the atari 2600 game Coke Wins...aka Pepsi Invaders !!! extremely rare. this can, plus the atari cartridge would sell for over $400 !!!! place them side by side for an interesting conversation piece.

I have to admit...I was in this musical in Sunday School. It wasn't so bad, obviously pretty dorky.

I think I played...I dunno, Herbert the Snail? Something like that. My solo went something like

"Have...patience.......

have...patience.......

don't be in...such...a hurry

When you get........impatient

You only....start....to worry"

Good times, good times.

LOL :lol:

I remember being jealous of my friend because he played the lead boy in our church version of this. Just as a side note, I was in a local thrift store yesterday and I came across the inner booklet for this record. All I could think was 'Thanks for the memories - no, really. thanks a lot.' :|