IGNORED

Atart 2600 emulator available & joystick question

LYNXGUY

I'd like to add try picking up an XBOX and getting it chipped, it can emulate a 2600 (and just about every system up to and including PS1) and is better than PC emulation because it connects to a TV. (assuming you dont have TV out on your PC)

My XBox is pratically dedicated to emulation. My favorites being 2600 and SNES.

I'd like to add try picking up an XBOX and getting it chipped, it can emulate a 2600 (and just about every system up to and including PS1) and is better than PC emulation because it connects to a TV. (assuming you dont have TV out on your PC)

My XBox is pratically dedicated to emulation. My favorites being 2600 and SNES.

I'd like to point out that getting an Xbox "chipped" (or modded) is not as easy as downloading a freeware emulator and trying it out on your PC.

There's also other ways to get Atari Joysticks working on the PC.

Actually, the http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/PPJoy.htm PPjoy drivers allow you to connect every type of controller from the 2600 joysticks, right up through PSX analog pads, with a fre parts from radio Shack. The adapter you build for Atari Joysticks takes 2 minutes to make.

It doesn't support paddles though, yet.

A solderless xbox mod chip takes all of 15 minutes to install start to finish. Very easy to do, and I am no electronics wiz.

Personally I wouldnt attempt the soldered ones, but the solderless are easy and reliable.

The chips are also any where from $40-70. Which it isnt a whole lot of dough when it can emulate Atari, coleco,inty,nes,mame,snes,C64,GBA,PS1,Genesys, among others.

Also a rumor is the xbox is dropping to $150 shortly, so a used one from EB should be around $100-125.

The with the built in HD the xbox is an awesome emulation machine. Highly recommmended.

It is also a great media center, with the ability to play videos & music and streaming internet content.

To be honest I hardly use it as an "xbox".