IGNORED

What are you playing? (week of March 21 - March 27)

Adrian M

I've seen these types of threads posted at other gaming sites and I think they're a great idea and generate a lot of interesting responses.

So, what have you been playing the most of this week? Old school, or new school it doesn't matter---post away and be sure to include a small narrative!

Here's my entry (it's been a busy week, hence my rather short entry):

Neo Geo MVS

Samurai Shodown V ----------addictive and insanely fun doesn't even begin to describe this relatively new release for the venerable Neo Geo hardware. It's everything I liked about the classic SS2 as well as elements from SS3 and SS4. Moves come out seamlessly, lots of strategy and secrets to discover, and the character lineup is one of the best I've seen in years!!

very little gaming time this week. But what I HAVE been playing is NES Blaster Master on the Gameboy Advance (yes, via flashcart and pocketNES emulator). I'm just playing through it.. trying to remember it. Thing is, I used to be able to finish the game in one sitting, but now I have no idea where I'm going.. it's kind of sad. :lol: I'm using save states so that's propelling me through even though I only have 20 minutes of gaming time per session if even that.

I have had a lot of work so far this week, but heres what I have played

MX unleashed- my brother bought this, and out of 32 ps2 games, its the 3rd sports game I have. I think its a good game, a lot better then other mx games I have played

CS - if you have never played this, dont talk to me...

Sonic Advance - I need to play and beat some more of my GBA games, and here is a great example of one. I'm at the last level with Knuckles. I also need to beat M&L:SS, and I am 1 hour away from beating it, if that.

ninja gaiden.. still kicking my ass

I've mostly been watching it kick Starscream's ass as well. Highly entertaining! :D (He actually swore at the game! He never does that!)

When I get a chance to play a game, I've been playing Dead Man's Hand. Definitely not a spectacular game, but fun none the less and the music is pretty good. Also played a little bit of TG Bomberman, the best version, evar.

Been slow, just finishing up Metriod Prime and practicing in SC2 so I can (hopefully) kick Shep's ass when the time comes.

Trust me you will kick my butt, Im having problems on the extra missions on normal! Told you it takes me awhile to get good at fighters. Other than SC2 I really havn't been playing anything else, havn't had too much time and dont currently own anything I havn't played to death....get paid on fri :ponder:

I've mostly been watching it kick Starscream's ass as well. Highly entertaining! :D (He actually swore at the game! He never does that!)

When I get a chance to play a game, I've been playing Dead Man's Hand. Definitely not a spectacular game, but fun none the less and the music is pretty good. Also played a little bit of TG Bomberman, the best version, evar.

Dead Mans Hand had so much potentional but the dev-team seems to have folded a bit too soon. bad joke i know

I've been playing XGRA on my Gamecube. Although F-Zero is prettier (and better), I personally find XGRA's easier, arcadey difficulty to be a lot more enjoyable.

Just today I was playing Monster Party on NES. Who would think Bandai could come up with a decent game? It's a nice, short 2D platformer with some inventive, big sprites bosses to fight. Only for retrogamers though.

Dead Mans Hand had so much potentional but the dev-team seems to have folded a bit too soon. bad joke i know

:) Yea it's just an average FPS, but I did learn something new while playing one of the hands of poker.... a certain poker hand is called the Dead Man's Hand.... I got it once but I can't remember all the cards, Ace of spades I think, the 2 black jacks, and 2 black 8's I think....

Call of duty online most nights on my pc (A friend of mine has a few machines on LAN so theres like 4 of us jumping on sometimes, which is cool :D ), and a little of Cassidy's Frog pond plus Tron deadly discs (Oddly :? ) on the 2600.

Never enough time to get on the 2600 as much as I'd like..... :(

A friend just gave me a NES though, so I may give that a bash when I have time... :)

Si

a certain poker hand is called the Dead Man's Hand.... I got it once but I can't remember all the cards, Ace of spades I think, the 2 black jacks, and 2 black 8's I think....

Dead Man's Hand is a pair of Black Aces and a pair of Black 8s. Apparently it's the hand Wild Bill Hickock was holding when he was shot, hence the name.

I told the wife I would beat 5 of my games before buying more after a recent binge. So far I've beaten (all PS2):

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

Clock Tower 3

Rune: Viking Warlord

In progress:

Simpsons: Road Rage

Deus Ex

Silent Hill 3 (2nd time)

Myst 3: Exile

I am playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Chrono Trigger. I am stuck in Vice City on the first boat racing mission. The boats control like crap and I always run into something which completly turns me around. :x

I just started Chrono Trigger tonight. It is a game I have been meaning to play for a long time but never got around to it. I am really liking this one so far.