IGNORED

Atari in movies

Inky

"Pan Samochodzik i niesamowity dwór" (eng.: Mr Car and incredible castle): atari 800 as mr Thomas car computer;

One epizode of "Knight Rider": kit plays 2600 PacMan

"T & T" - a canadian TV series, peoples use ST computers in office

"IT Crowd" - on the wall are some pictures with Atari adv.

In one epizode of "Alf" - alf plays on Atari 2600

In one epizode of "CSI" was Atari 2600 as a symbol of young years of epizode hero

"Ijon Tichy: Raumpilot" - atari 2600 plays as communicator

Many more, but in this time - I don't remember titles...

Atari sound effects and screens in movies... I can certainly name a couple:

- Airplane: 2600 Basketball on one of the rader screens

- Airplane II: Yars' Revenge sounds when the guy fiddles with the autopilot machine in Houston Ground Control

- My Blue Heaven: 2600 Pac-Man sound effects from a NES! (During Rick Moranis's motel stakeout)

The use (and misuse) of video game sound effects (especially Atari/Pac-Man sound effects) is so widespread that it's got its own entry on TV Tropes (see also: Pac-Man Fever). :cool:

• 9 months later...
I hate it when you see two kids playing a fake game on a system that looks like a hybrid of the SNES and the Playstation and you hear the sounds from Atari 2600 Donkey Kong. It's goofy.

I agree but what I hate the most are fake computer screens and talking computers - they are so lame!

The movie The Net was horrible! It was comical how bad it was.

Also, in the show "24", Cuthbert's character says "D-E-S encryption." Nobody in IT calls it that. It's "DES" (pronounced "dez") or "Triple DES."

ID-10-Ts

I don't remember any movie right now... but I do remember the TV show "V" the episode in with the lizzard-guy was sitting next to a blonde girl, who was pregnant with his child and he's playing Space Invaders in a black and white TV set... oh no... wait a minute, my TV set was b/w... oh well...

Cheers!

She's not pregnant yet in that scene! Spoiler alert ;) And it is in colour yes, and he isn't very good at that game either for an alien!

Also saw the same game on VCS on a TV show last week, it was about the 80s and some yuppie was playing it on his TV haha classic stuff.

The Atari 2600 is featured in this episode of "Everybody Hates Chris":

Season 1, Episode 10 – Aired: 11/24/2005

Everybody Hates Greg (full episode)

Chris and Greg fall out when they break the rule of 'no computer games' after school at Greg's house. Back at the Rock home, Tonya is missing Chris as she can't blame everything on him.

Also... the Asteroids arcade game is featured in this episode too...

Season 1, Episode 15 – Aired: 2/16/2006

Everybody Hates the Lottery (full episode)

Chris receives a challenge to his crown of asteroid champion.

Julius and Rochelle agree to give up some guilty pleasures.

Awesome TV show BTW... AWWW CRAP!!! This is about movies, not TV shows... my bad.

Edited by tremoloman2006

• 1 month later...

I saw an Atari 7800 on a re-run of married with children, it was the episode where Al's son bud was in his room trying to think of a way to get the girls and keeps grabbing his ass in front of the mirror. it is on a dresser under a shelf by is bedroom door and it even get a close up on it as his sister enters his room, there were no joysticks or carts there just the console.

Carl

There was an episode of "Chuck" last year (season 2, episode 5) that centered around the arcade Missile Command game. I watched it a couple of days after I'd bought a Missile Command arcade machine, and there was a scene in it showing Chuck laboriously wheeling in a Missile Command machine on a dolly. My friend came over (who'd laboriously helped me wheel my Missile Command machine in a couple of days prior; up a steep driveway with a hangover no less) and I said, "Tell me if this looks familiar," and I played that scene...

What about the episode of Futurama with the "Space Invaders", which also features Donkey Kong.

There is also an episode of Family Guy with Pac Man, the ghosts mention going to Q*Berts house. (A maid also pulls a Colecovision out of his belly button in another episode)

Then in South Park, the imagination land episode has Q*Bert in it.

Why are the 2600 DK and PacMan sounds still used to this day for any game representation? I dont understand it.

In Futurama episode 5 season 1 "Fear of a bot planet" they've used the berzerk robots voices ...

not exactly from a atari , but just cool anyway :]

I'm also surprised that you guys haven't mentioned the Pole Position scene from D.A.R.Y.L. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEf1tNARdHc

Oh , and he plays some atari in the science complex aswell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS6538eZsJE

Edited by robotwo

In Futurama episode 5 season 1 "Fear of a bot planet" they've used the berzerk robots voices ...

not exactly from a atari , but just cool anyway :]

Futurama has a million video game and computer jokes.

In the Fry And The Slurm Factory episode, Bender gets X-Rayed (OK well Z-Rayed if you wanna be technical) and inside his head is a 6502 processor

There was that whole episode with General Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Q*Bert, the fried egg from Burgertime. When they meet General Pac-man at Military Headquarters, it's spelled MilAtari and a green vector Battlezone tanks cruises past

When they go to open the door to the command center is flashes "Door is locked. You need the blue key."

On the screens of the command center are games of Centipede and Missile Command

When Bender inherits the castle from his uncle one of the old portraits on the wall is of Commodore LXIV

At the reading of the will there's a robot there with EuroTRaSh-80 written on his front. His named is Tandy.

Bender gets chased by Windows logos and flying toasters

(BTW does anyone know what is written in blood in binary on the wall?)

Edit: never mind I googled and got the answer

The backwards binary writing which appears on the wall in Vladimir's castle is a reference to the Stephen King novel The Shining. When reversed in the mirror, the binary code translates to "666."

And my favorite scene is in Fear Of A Bot Planet when the robot construction crew is building something out of Tetris blocks. They get distracted and drop the long thin piece which makes the building disappear and they complain that now they have to start all over.

Oh and the "human hunt" signal is the old Mac startup sound effect

Edited by godzillajoe

In Romero´s Dawn of the Dead (1978) the small group of survivors enjoy the advantages of the mall while playing some Atari cabinets. The Atari Fuji is a few times on the screen and IIRC they were playing something like Pole Position.......

Edited by iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin

• 8 months later...

In Romero´s Dawn of the Dead (1978) the small group of survivors enjoy the advantages of the mall while playing some Atari cabinets. The Atari Fuji is a few times on the screen and IIRC they were playing something like Pole Position.......

Just saw your old post becuase of the new post... Anyway I need to watch that again. I am very familiar with that movie, I was almost an extra in it! I was 14 at the time, and lived right next door to the airport in it. (Monroeville, PA) My house was visible through the trees in one scene. All the scenes were in Monroeville, including the Mall (which was the largest in the world back then) except for the downtown philly at the start and the gunshop in the mall (didn't exist) I remember the video games by the main escalators in the middle by the ice palace in the movie.