IGNORED

Ok post some of your setups again! ;)

ok, here is my falcon (yeah it is) in a Rocke Tower

14 MB ST RAM, 700 MB HD, 105 MD Syquest, CD-ROM, Ethernet Rom Port Adapter. Yes, i know ethernet is not connected - due to lacking of an old hub w/ BNC Connector :)

Greetings

Johannes

post-4091-1080776205_thumb.jpg

I wish I had a better ST than this 520...

Well, mine's a 520 too and it's great fun. Right before we moved I happened to find an Atari 12" Colour monitor in the trash, I felt sorry for the bugger and thought I'd take it home to see if I could get it to work again. After the BIG (and I mean really f**king humongous) move I got a couple of minutes left over between unpacking so I decided to try it out and lo and behold, it worked like a charm!! Someone threw away a perfectly fine Atari monitor!! Well, I hooked it up to the computer and let my son play games on it for a few days before packing it up again (he really loved Wings of Death II :) ). Unfortunately I don't have room enough to have it running right now so that's why it's tucked away in the shelf.

But the point is that it's as much fun today as it was ten years ago when I packed it away in favour of my mighty 286 PC :D

Cheers!!

Troop

• 1 month later...

Here is my Atari 1040 STe, 4MB RAM, 60 MB Supra Hard Drive, SC 1224 monitor, HP DeskJet 400, stereo speakers, Atari powerpad, 500XJ setup.

Not as cool as some of the Mega STe, TT030 and Falcon setups with CD-ROM drives, 14 MB of RAM and huge hard drives, but it's still in the upper end of the Atari 16/32 bit line. All I mainly use it for is AtariWorks and games, so it's very functional for those tasks. I do wish I had a 1435 monitor though, then I would be a happy Atarian.

Sorry for the low picture quality, but I lost the cable that hooks my DV camera up to my PC and took the pic with my cell phone.

is.php?i=157384&img=STE1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

4944_1090796235.jpg

TT030: 48MHz, 20Mb RAM, 4.3Gb harddrive, 2x CD-ROM, external drive, 1.44Mb floppy, 17" flatscreen GEM monitor.

For anyone thinking about painting their computer, this shows how cool an Atari TT looks in black. Send me a PM if you want painting tips.

4944_1090797364.jpg

ST(FM): 8Mhz, 4Mb, 1.5Gb SyJet drive, SyQuest 44Mb drive, realtime clock, 3-button cordless trackball, external 28.8 Zoom modem; MIDIed to Yamaha PSS-795 synthesizer. The ST is now used downstairs and my TT now sits in this space.

post-4944-1090798030_thumb.jpg

post-4944-1090798031_thumb.jpg

Can you send me your painting tips?

I tried spray painting my 1040ST case, but I got runs in the paint. I thought I followed the instructions correctly. :( I'd like to try it again.

I personally wouldn't want a black TT as it just doesn't look right with the light colored keys and label. Nice paint job though. :)

Some of you guys have some old but glorious machines. I've wanted a Falcon for years but not sure if would really benefit me, more for nostalgic purposes than anything else.

I have a humble STFM, upgraded with 4mb of ram, Tos 2.06 switcher,

Overscan graphics extension, ICD Link 2 with 850mb hard drive, Syquest EZ135 drive (EZflyer and SyJet when not hooked up to other gear) and CDRom.

Now it is used in my music studio, where I have expanded it to have a total of 5 midi ins and 5 midi outs.

This is my first time in the forum, it looks a good forum! :)

post-5542-1091487293_thumb.jpg

post-5542-1091487294_thumb.jpg

Welcome Atari74user :)

I've wanted a Falcon for years but not sure if would really benefit me, more for nostalgic purposes than anything else.

I know exactly what you mean! I'm not sure how readily available the Falcon is in Europe (or the US), but in Australia it seems to be quite rare (and i've NEVER seen one in the wild)! :sad:

Thanks for the welcome Serblander. Yeah the Falcon is quite

a scarce machine in these here parts too. I don't know anyone

who has one. I would love one but don't think I could bring myself

to make my ST redundant, and don't really have the room to have

both set up. :(

From Australia I see, a land close to my heart! :)

Nice Mega tjlazah, original Atari all of the way! :)

Sorry tjlazah, its an original ST not MEGA. DOH!!! :D

You've even stated the fact.

Apologies for the pics on my previous reply guys, didn't really read the FAQs on how to attach photos. However you can actually download them, ensuring that the file extension is .jpg if you really want to view them.

Yes I have to agree with Serblander. Here in Australia, Falcons are very rare indeed. The prices for any that are down here are rediculous.

Perhaps Serblander, we need to organise an atari function down here in Melbourne, I'm sure there are plenty of fans down here like us.

V.R wrote:

Perhaps Serblander, we need to organise an atari function down here in Melbourne, I'm sure there are plenty of fans down here like us.

Well V.R, i wasn't going to say anything about a Melbourne Atari show just yet, but... what the hell! I'm in the process of organizing an Atari Multiplayer Competition to take place in Melbourne early next year.

Planned Atari platforms would include the Atari ST's (of course! :wink: ), Atari XE, Atari Lynx (many many comlynxed games' comps) and, my personal favourite... Atari Jaguars!

While there will be popular games on show, the focus of the day (or possibly weekend) will be on myltiplayer competitions:

:arrow: Atari ST: link-play for the ST's (Stunt Car racer, VROOM, Falcon, Midi Maze 2, etc), 4-P games (Gauntlet II, Super Off Road, etc)

:arrow: Lynx (comlynx comps - Warbirds, Battlewheels, Chequered Flag, Zarlor Mercenary, Awesome Golf, etc)

:arrow: Jaguar (4-P NBA Jam T.E., Doom link-up, Ruiner Pinball, T2k, etc)

:arrow: Atari XE (Bug Hunt, Barnyard Blaster, Ballblazer, etc). I am also looking to get the MultiJoy8 adaptor for the 8-Bits as well as compatible games so as to enable & encourage even more multiplayer shananigans!

I will post a new topic for this in the near future. For anyone interested in attending, as well as bringing their Atari system &/or games, please send me a PM. I will let you guys know more as things develop.

Regards,

Serblander 8)

Btw, this will be an ATARI only exebition/competition!