IGNORED

Packrat Video Games

MegaManFan

Where have Packrat and AA been feuding?  In this forum, AA (meaning the official representitives, Alex and Albert) has not said anything.  And everything Packrat said was civil and reasonable.  So far, the name calling is being done by bystanders.

I think he was just being sarcastic. :)

..Al

Where have Packrat and AA been feuding?  In this forum, AA (meaning the official representitives, Alex and Albert) has not said anything.  And everything Packrat said was civil and reasonable.  So far, the name calling is being done by bystanders.

I think he was just being sarcastic. :)

..Al

But hey, check it out I got 2 bites whereas I was thinking I'd get none! :D Woot!

-your favorite trouble stirrer...

I'm gonna have to disagree with my friend MMF here. I found both PackRat and AA to be offering great service and great products at the con. I had no trouble with some of the same games being offered at both booths, especially since artwork / casing choices differed in many instances. For example, I picked up a "Skeleton +" from PackRat this year (having purchased the original release from Al last time around) specifically because of the label variation. I also got a "Battlezone TC" from them and thought that the re-use of the old "Battlezone" boxes, manuals, and carts was a brilliant cost cutting move on their part. The keychains rocked as well and adding a "Battlezone TC" keychain to my box really gave it a real 'more than complete' feel! I had no problems with the prices at PackRat being generally a buck or two cheaper than AA, especially since they are exactly the same prices that their game have been offered for on the PR website all along. The PackRat staff were extremely friendly and courteous and very very FAST to greet each customer as they first approached the booth. Jarett's parents are both incredibly nice people (and his sisters very cute as well! :wink: ). I saw nothing that even suggested an attempt to undermine AA. Friendly, healthy competition and nothing more.

To tell the truth, I ended up spending too much money at both booths!

I think some people are selling Albert and Atari Age short here. Albert accepted one of my hacks. I think mainly because of some annoying persistance on my part. I think a lot of people think Albert and the AA staff are way to busy to publish other peoples hacks or homebrews. The questions is what games are worth reproducing. Well we know activision games are out of the question. I see a lot of hacked over activision titles out there. There have been a lot of fun ones produced lately and if you check in Atari Ages Store section there is a link that tells you if you want a cart produced then contact the AA staff via email.

http://www.atariage.com/store/services.php

AA does not look for you... remember you have to contact them. Packrat videogames offers the same service. You have to contact Packrat and his staff if you want your homebrews/hacks produced. Now on the other hand if someone is out there begging for hacks from non original authors and is trying to sell them, then your :ahoy: :thumbsdown: and you should find another forum to create hacks/homebrews and sell them on your own forum. Otherwise lets coexist, shutup and play on! :D . Just my two cents.

Cheers all 8)

This thread and the initiating post are totally off-base and inappropriate. Your concerns could have easily been raised personally with Jarrett instead of this mud slinging. Packrat and Jarrett are top-notch, just like AA. Quit this childish nonsense and do the right thing: apologize.