IGNORED

Halo 2

Mock

Most likely in time for the holiday shopping season. Originally it was this summer. So sometime between now and the end of the year if I had to guess. No real "official" date though. I could wait though if they want to polish it more. Id rather see another AAA title than anything rushed to make the holiday season.

Halo 2 has been officially announced (for the first time) for release for Xmas 2004. Bungie gurantee it.

There was no official announcement from Bungie before - all the other dates were just retailers and publications making wild guesses. We already know the game is essentially made, they are just refining it and fine tuning it and play testing it to make sure it lives up to the biggest hype any game has ever seen.

So it will be on time - its just later than most expected. I think the release date is later for Xmas sales and to make sure they have more than enough time to refine everything.

Remember Halo was a rush job!!! Halo 2 is promised to be the best game Bungie can make because the've had the time. It should be bloody amazing then :cool:

The earliest I've ever heard is May, though a lot of my friends insist they had a 2003 release at sometime or other. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed back, probably as far as christmas season myself.

But hey, as long as they actually do take their time, and don't rush it like so many other's do with their games to meat deadlines, and it still kicks arse, I don't care.

• 2 weeks later...

All I know is for over a year now, the release date keeps getting pushed back.

I wouldn't be a bit suprized if it turns out that Halo 2 is never released for the 1st gen Xbox's, and is instead released with the Xbox 2.

Any takers on that bet?

I wouldn't be a bit suprized if it turns out that Halo 2 is never released for the 1st gen Xbox's, and is instead released with the Xbox 2.  

Any takers on that bet?

It WILL be released this year. Trust me on this.

Have some patience...play through Halo 1 again or tackle another new game in the meantime.

Any takers on that bet?

Have some patience...play through Halo 1 again or tackle another new game in the meantime.

I still haven't finished HALO 1 yet. EVERY TIME I beat that damn Library level, it DOESN'T SAVE. Does not save. DOESN'T FUCKING SAVE due to a bug. And I lose all progress. So I gave up. That level is hard and long.. heh heh.. Long.. Hard.. uh.. that level is difficult enough I don't want to go through ANOTHER level after it in hopes that that one will save instead.

Any help here? Why the fuck won't it save? It saved after every level before that. But not on this one. That damn floating robot in that big level. Library or Archive or something.

Any takers on that bet?

I still haven't finished HALO 1 yet. EVERY TIME I beat that damn Library level, it DOESN'T SAVE. Does not save. DOESN'T FUCKING SAVE due to a bug. And I lose all progress. So I gave up. That level is hard and long.. heh heh.. Long.. Hard.. uh.. that level is difficult enough I don't want to go through ANOTHER level after it in hopes that that one will save instead.

Any help here? Why the fuck won't it save? It saved after every level before that. But not on this one. That damn floating robot in that big level. Library or Archive or something.

I've never heard of this issue before. The library in particular has plenty of checkpoints...are you sure you've completed the level? It has 10 levels.

I've never heard of this issue before.  The library in particular has plenty of checkpoints...are you sure you've completed the level?  It has 10 levels.
Of course I completed it. I got all the way into the next level.. Where I died completely and ended up reloading FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE LIBRARY! :sad:

I've never heard of this issue before.  The library in particular has plenty of checkpoints...are you sure you've completed the level?  It has 10 levels.
Of course I completed it. I got all the way into the next level.. Where I died completely and ended up reloading FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE LIBRARY! :sad:

The next time you finish the library level, try saving the game yourself at the start of the next level.

Microsoft is trying it's dandiest to build a customer base. Halo 2 will be good, and will result in more loyal Xbox fans, who in turn will buy the next Xbox down the road.
So will DOOM 3. A lot of people are waiting for that as well.

Any takers on that bet?

Because Microsoft said so?

Wouldn't be the first time MS missed an release date (several OS's come to mind).

In hours of searching, all I could find are a couple of 3rd party blurbs about MS "officialy" announcing a release date of Fall 2004.

Only problem is I can't find anything on microsoft.com, bungie.net or xbox.com. Actually, I did find 2 things on xbox.com, and that wasn't much, a "Street date: Fall 2004" on the game-info pages and a copy of the original 2002 "official" announcement that the game was being developed and would be released end of 2003.

All I can say is, I'll believe it when I see it. The "official" announcement means absolutly nothing to me. :P

Any takers on that bet?

Because Microsoft said so?

All I can say is, I'll believe it when I see it. The "official" announcement means absolutly nothing to me. :P

It will be out this year. Leave it at that.