IGNORED

TOP FIVE 2-PLAYER GAMES

AtariChild840

Did anyone play that bizarre 2 player co-op mode in Demon Attack where control alternates off to each player during gameplay? Very weird...both players have to be "mentally playing" the game because their turn to control the ship comes without any warning.

My brother and I tried and tried to succeed at this mode, but ultimately it's just frustrating and leads to arguments down the road.

• 4 weeks later...
Did anyone play that bizarre 2 player co-op mode in Demon Attack where control alternates off to each player during gameplay?  Very weird...both players have to be "mentally playing" the game because their turn to control the ship comes without any warning.  

My brother and I tried and tried to succeed at this mode, but ultimately it's just frustrating and leads to arguments down the road.

Is that a mode in the game, or did you have a different cart? I can't figure out how to switch over to two-player mode. Very odd idea for a two-player game, though.

-J

After some videogaming sessions with Manuel, I have to add Ice Hockey on my list too. We had lot's of fun with it! :)

Yeah, it was one of the more heavily played ones with a few of my friends in college. Definately a nifty minimalist interpretation of the game.

Drifting a bit off the topic of strictly 2600, I always wondered about all the good stuff I had heard about Biplanes in the Intellivision Triple Action set. I'm led to understand it had a very nifty physics model, and was the favorite w/ the "blue sky rangers" development team.

Might be interesting to think of a homebrew port sometime... (but first...the Atari 2600 Cookbook...and before that ....I sell my house! And sometime in between...I move!)