IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

Now here's a particularly weird situation. While browsing eBay this evening I came across an original midnight purple colored 3DS system advertised to be in like-new condition except that it was missing the stylus. Normally that wouldn't be a strange thing at all, but it was being sold by a brand new seller in China with zero feedback and a Buy It Now price of $14.16 with free shipping to the US: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3DS-Launch-Edition-Midnight-Purple-Handheld-System-eBayi/322573811080

I did a Google search for the picture used for the listing and couldn't find it anywhere, so they didn't just grab a 3DS system picture off Google for the listing, and as far as I can tell based on the picture it does appear to be either a US, European, or Australian system since the menu is in English. There also appears to be a cartridge in the system but I can't tell exactly what it is from the menu icon. Given that I was the market for a purple 3DS and already happened to have a spare purple colored original 3DS stylus I couldn't help but roll the dice on this one and see what happens. I figure it is most likely a scam, in which case I would be covered under eBay's buyer protection policy and be able to get my $14 back, but the whole thing was just too weird to not give it a go.

About an hour after making my purchase I received this wonderfully Engrishy email from the seller:

eTSjbJY.png

So, what do you guys and gals think will happen? Is it a scam and will I never receive anything in the mail and have to get my money back through eBay? Or will I actually get a nice condition 3DS for $14.16? And if so, why the heck was it so cheap? Will there be a note scrawled in the Swapnote application from a US citizen pleading for rescue from a Chinese prison? Only time will tell...

Edited by Jin

They say they can't provide tracking but they can contact the post office to find out the current position of your package? Um that sounds like tracking to me. I smell a strong whiff of bullshit here.

I'm not too worried about that myself, I've never ordered anything from China that could be tracked along the way. I wouldn't expect the seller to shell out for the expense of international tracking on a $100 system that I bought for $14 anyway. Still, it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

So true. Would have loved to go for this just to aquire the box but not at that price. I'll have to live with a loose copy for now.

• Like 1

Oh, my...

Figures that schoolwench is already driving up the price. So glad I got my copy 2 years ago. I also had the pleasure of defeating the afore-mentioned parasite in that particular battle. Was so worth it.

Anyways though, that does look like a decent copy- not too worn as some I've seen are.

Ended at $610.00 plus $3.99 shipping. Holy F@ck! I had thought that the $450 I paid for a complete copy two years ago to finish the set was overkill, but apparently somebody needed this even more. Schoolwitch didn't win, but does anyone know who that winning bidder was?

• Like 1

Oh, my...

Figures that schoolwench is already driving up the price. So glad I got my copy 2 years ago. I also had the pleasure of defeating the afore-mentioned parasite in that particular battle. Was so worth it.

Anyways though, that does look like a decent copy- not too worn as some I've seen are.

Just....wow. I would be annoyed at this price if it wasn't for the fact that Schoolgirl got their A&* handed to them by a large amount. That alone makes me absolutely love whoever plunked down this obscene amount of money!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VideoCart-19-CHECKERS-Fairchild-CHANNEL-F-Video-Game-Cartridge-COMPLETE/362031060311?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• Like 2

Ended at $610.00 plus $3.99 shipping. Holy F@ck! I had thought that the $450 I paid for a complete copy two years ago to finish the set was overkill, but apparently somebody needed this even more. Schoolwitch didn't win, but does anyone know who that winning bidder was?

Can't say I've ever seen that winners ID before. I saw a few of the regular bidders in the mix, but this one is someone I didn't recognize.

I just happened to see that this thread was for interesting auctions and although it's my own item, I'm selling my copy of Bounty Bob Strikes Back! for the 5200 and thought I'd share: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2225822892701?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=222582289270&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I made a post about it in auction central too--here's a link to that: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267781-bounty-bob-strikes-back-atari-5200-for-sale/

If it's frowned upon to plug your own 'interesting auctions' here, feel free to delete this comment, any admin, as I really don't mean to cause any trouble. I genuinely noticed that this thread was a thing and thought the item was something at least sort of interesting and rare. Plus I've been adamant about finding a good home for the cart since I could honestly use the cash right now.

All the best :)