IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Pretty sure thats a hijacked account. Someone should report it to eBay so they can investigate. I cant at the moment or I would.

What makes you think it's a jacked account? I've sent them a message asking for a picture with something displaying todays date and their user name. I'll let you know if and what they reply. I also noted to the seller that confirming it is in working order would surely set buyers minds at ease and also inflate the final sale price by a good amount if that is possible for them to do.

• Like 1

What makes you think it's a jacked account? I've sent them a message asking for a picture with something displaying todays date and their user name. I'll let you know if and what they reply. I also noted to the seller that confirming it is in working order would surely set buyers minds at ease and also inflate the final sale price by a good amount if that is possible for them to do.

Too many red flags. Super rare item, seller knows nothing about it (but knows enough to start the auction at $1k, all sellers activity other than this auction is more than a year old. I’m also apt to think about it because my account was hijacked just the other day.

To me it looks legit still. The crease on the end label is different than the 1 on atarimania and 30 year old materials made of the same material would be likely to warp in the same fashion.

And the things others see as red flags I see as it screaming an inept seller with a rare item.

Somebody scaming would want to show it working and would put atari in the title. Not knowing how to list it proper, not knowing the importance in testing and thinking going about trying to test it is hard and not knowing about the game to me all show signs of a non collector with a rare item that they only know is rare from basic research. And other than that they have no clue. This is exactly how I would expect a new copy to be found. It's not going to just show up in a big collectors lap. It's going to show up in attic of somebody that knows nothing about atari and doesn't even regularly sell stuff.

• Like 1

Quote from ad details:

Hello! I am not an expert on games so I will try to describe to the best of my ability. This is a primitive run and jump game for the Atari 2600 game system based on the Biblical story of Moses crossing the Red Sea. I am going to write you the research that I found on RARE GAMES WIKI...

This is kind of ridiculous. Whoever is bidding on this is taking a chance against the odds.

To me they come off exactly as I would expect a random clueless person would who realized they had a rare game before they sold it for nothing.

If it's fake they are a master at creating an authentic looking aged label and putting it in the correct shell.

To me it's more of a stretch that this person could do that.

Plus you have paypal protection as a buyer....

• Like 2

To me they come off exactly as I would expect a random clueless person would who realized they had a rare game before they sold it for nothing.

If it's fake they are a master at creating an authentic looking aged label and putting it in the correct shell.

To me it's more of a stretch that this person could do that.

Plus you have paypal protection as a buyer....

If you have enough extra money to tie up over a grand in Ebay shenanigans for the slight possibility of a rare game, good on you I guess.

What I see here, is a seller who:

-knows to look online for rarity, but doesn't say where they looked ('rare games wiki'?)

-selling for 'a cousin' (you're not asking them anything else about it?)

-found prices indicating a worth of around 10k, but starts bidding at 1k, no reserve, and no further research (so you're giving up thousands?)

-claims a store owner couldn't find a working Atari to test the game (why check now? Why didn't the owner offer them a buyout or a consignment?)

-now claims a store owner did verify it (but still no buyout/consignment?), offers no pictures of the game running (weren't you there?), just a handwritten note (WHY?!)

-Also claims store owner took pictures (so there was a camera to record it working), but store website offers no mention of game & the owner's personal facebook hasn't updated in almost 2 years

This doesn't come off as random clueless, this comes off as the kind of calculated clueless designed to sound credible but offer no real validation. They know how to find the value, they know how to get the game tested, but they don't bother to find out how to set a reserve or get footage of the game running, and TWO different store owners don't offer them any advice on that front?

I will give you that the cart looks good- but no damage after 35 years, a crease similar to the Atarimania one but in the wrong spot, it's grey where the other two are black, plus it's cut crooked... I'm just not convinced. I imagine that store is getting hit with a ton of calls, hopefully they'll respond before the auction ends.

• Like 1

If you have enough extra money to tie up over a grand in Ebay shenanigans for the slight possibility of a rare game, good on you I guess.

What I see here, is a seller who:

-knows to look online for rarity, but doesn't say where they looked ('rare games wiki'?)

-selling for 'a cousin' (you're not asking them anything else about it?)

-found prices indicating a worth of around 10k, but starts bidding at 1k, no reserve, and no further research (so you're giving up thousands?)

-claims a store owner couldn't find a working Atari to test the game (why check now? Why didn't the owner offer them a buyout or a consignment?)

-now claims a store owner did verify it (but still no buyout/consignment?), offers no pictures of the game running (weren't you there?), just a handwritten note (WHY?!)

-Also claims store owner took pictures (so there was a camera to record it working), but store website offers no mention of game & the owner's personal facebook hasn't updated in almost 2 years

This doesn't come off as random clueless, this comes off as the kind of calculated clueless designed to sound credible but offer no real validation. They know how to find the value, they know how to get the game tested, but they don't bother to find out how to set a reserve or get footage of the game running, and TWO different store owners don't offer them any advice on that front?

I will give you that the cart looks good- but no damage after 35 years, a crease similar to the Atarimania one but in the wrong spot, it's grey where the other two are black, plus it's cut crooked... I'm just not convinced. I imagine that store is getting hit with a ton of calls, hopefully they'll respond before the auction ends.

The seller got back to me saying their husband was trying to locate a 2600 system locally but didn't find one. They didn't however provide the picture with a date and their username as I requested. Take that for what it's worth I guess.

• Like 1

Not many posts in this thread over the last 4 months.

Anyone know why ebay changed links to completed listing.

Link takes you to another listing.

Because they are sociopaths who take pleasure in doubling the time it takes for people researching what items sell for.

Not many posts in this thread over the last 4 months.

Anyone know why ebay changed links to completed listing.

Link takes you to another listing.

Because they could care less about you looking back at something that already sold and just want to sell you the next thing.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's me but tested working ones are $150-300+.(ebay pricing) So getting a TRUE untested one for $70 does not seem like a really bad deal if you needed/wanted one.

A power cord is like $10-15 and video cable should not be much more.

Edited by TheCoolDave

So what's the verdict? Was this thing legit, fake, or total scam? Inquiring minds want to know. I still think it was a total scam.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-1983-RED-SEA-CROSSING-Inspirational-Video-Concepts-Game-by-Steve-Stack/302903071836?hash=item46866e145c:g:FwQAAOSw61dbpt-U

Legit Red Sea Crossing? I know little about this cart, but the ad is flakey. No mention it is Atari in the title, and no mention of where it was discovered. Plus, I am selling it for my cousin????

At any rate, some of you will likely know right away if this is real.

I was able to contact her.

• Like 1