IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Thank you both for the replies. I did a search and didn't see a thread with much information on the sale or where the buyer identified themselves. Is there one? If not, did the buyer actually pay the full $3900? I'm curious given what seemed like some shill bidding at the end. I'm still really shocked to hear that this was a legit and completed sale. But if y'all say so, I don't doubt you. I'd love any details about how this went down. I actually have a non-gaming item that would be in a similar situation (super rare but un-authenticated) that I'd love to sell but have all sorts of concerns about trying to do so through eBay.

legit, AFAIK. A member here purchased it.

Yes. It was legit, purchased in person after the sale by a member here. ;)

Thank you both for the replies. I did a search and didn't see a thread with much information on the sale or where the buyer identified themselves. Is there one? If not, did the buyer actually pay the full $3900? I'm curious given what seemed like some shill bidding at the end. I'm still really shocked to hear that this was a legit and completed sale. But if y'all say so, I don't doubt you. I'd love any details about how this went down. I actually have a non-gaming item that would be in a similar situation (super rare but un-authenticated) that I'd love to sell but have all sorts of concerns about trying to do so through eBay.

I will leave all of that up to the buyer. I spoke with him, but it is not my place to say.

Yes, I got all the details from the buyer and he said he didn't mind me sharing info but since he hasn't been quick to do so publicly I don't really want to either. But I will relay some basic info about it.

He won it on eBay, but it got really crazy with the seller and it almost fell thru after the auction end. Both he and I believe there was still bidding by the seller at the end. But he still did a purchase in person at a game store that was within both their general area. So he was able to analyze and play it in person prior to final sale.

The people were pawn types, resellers etc who obviously did not know videogames or how to go about selling a rare item like this. They spooked so many people with how shady they came off. So in the end even with their shilling they didn't get what the others have sold for.

But it's a real 4th copy and in the hands of a good collector so all ends well for this :)

Any more details than that I will let the winner divulge if he so chooses.

• Like 1

I guess at least 2 people wanted to finish their Sears collection REALLLLLLLY badly. At least one of them is not happy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannon-Man-Atari-2600-Sears-Tele-Games-Telegames-CIB-boxed-COMPLETE-RARE-/153284676889?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

I want this badly.....But not like those guys I guess.

More attacks of the new bottomless pocketed bidders! Lol

I guess at least 2 people wanted to finish their Sears collection REALLLLLLLY badly. At least one of them is not happy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannon-Man-Atari-2600-Sears-Tele-Games-Telegames-CIB-boxed-COMPLETE-RARE-/153284676889?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Holy Shit! Think I paid $50 for mine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Report it. I did. Mystery items are against ebay policy and there is a selection for it in the report item dialog.

Listing Practices -> Other Listing Practices -> Chance Listings

The listing has an opportunity to win an item or prize either by chance or in connection with a skill contest. This also includes grab bags and mystery items.

Edited by Mitkraft

Well, a couple of items are rare and most items are new. Given that the used items are "like new" and there's free shipping it might be worth a gamble for those with a spare $25k lying around ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's me but tested working ones are $150-300+.(ebay pricing) So getting a TRUE untested one for $70 does not seem like a really bad deal if you needed/wanted one.

A power cord is like $10-15 and video cable should not be much more.

Last tested working one I bought a couple months ago with power supply off eBay was $90.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beamrider-Colecovision-Complete-In-Box-1984-Collectors-Quality-Adult-Owned/123595975947?epid=56258407&hash=item1cc6e4ed0b:g:HWoAAOSwWB5b1zb-:rk:4:pf:0

I would advise anyone here to use caution (or preferably flat-out avoid) this listing. I actually bought this, and returned it as defective- the board had somehow become wedged up in the shell, so the connector end showing is 1/8" shorter than it should be. Needless to say, this meant I couldn't get the game to load at all.

So, now the guy's relisted it with the exact same photos but added the line 'game is a little finicky' to the description. Unless he managed to pry that board back down, it's not finicky, it's a 100% fail rate. I'd report the listing, but I can't a find a combination in the drop-downs to let me... so I opted to just give y'all a heads up.

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beamrider-Colecovision-Complete-In-Box-1984-Collectors-Quality-Adult-Owned/123595975947?epid=56258407&hash=item1cc6e4ed0b:g:HWoAAOSwWB5b1zb-:rk:4:pf:0

I would advise anyone here to use caution (or preferably flat-out avoid) this listing. I actually bought this, and returned it as defective- the board had somehow become wedged up in the shell, so the connector end showing is 1/8" shorter than it should be. Needless to say, this meant I couldn't get the game to load at all.

So, now the guy's relisted it with the exact same photos but added the line 'game is a little finicky' to the description. Unless he managed to pry that board back down, it's not finicky, it's a 100% fail rate. I'd report the listing, but I can't a find a combination in the drop-downs to let me... so I opted to just give y'all a heads up.

THANKS!

Edited by Emyxox71

• 1 month later...

Yes, I got all the details from the buyer and he said he didn't mind me sharing info but since he hasn't been quick to do so publicly I don't really want to either. But I will relay some basic info about it.

But it's a real 4th copy and in the hands of a good collector so all ends well for this :)

Any more details than that I will let the winner divulge if he so chooses.

Yep, with the info I have been provided I will say it is in my opinion 100 percent real. The only person who could say different with any merit at this point is Steve Stack himself. So in closing, yes the Red Sea Crossing without end label sold on ebay was and is legit.

• Like 1

Our science surplus store had tons of all 3 smurfs tapes in shrinkwrap back in the mid 90s. They sold them for $1 a piece.

Thankfully i bought some back then even though I had no clue what they were for lol

I saw coleco and Smurfs and said that's good enough for me to buy them :)

Edit: just realized that ebay seller is the next town over too ;)

Edited by stupus

Our science surplus store had tons of all 3 smurfs tapes in shrinkwrap back in the mid 90s. They sold them for $1 a piece.

Thankfully i bought some back then even though I had no clue what they were for lol

I saw coleco and Smurfs and said that's good enough for me to buy them :)

Edit: just realized that ebay seller is the next town over too ;)

The seller told me he got a box of them at an auction. I asked if he had any of the other 2 tapes and he said he only got a box of Harmony tapes. There was no Handy or Greedy tapes :(

His packing job isn't the greatest, I've not opened the package yet, I'll report back if the cassette and case are in one piece. Makes sense that he is local to you if you also found these in bulk in your area in the past.

• Like 1