IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Now they are $6....still good shipped though.

He sent you 1 to Canada shipped for $3?

Nope, had it sent to a good friend in California. Seller doesn't have an option listed to ship to Canada. I'm a little pissed that he doubled the price after I told him I was sending folks to him to buy at $3 each. Not too cool he went and doubled the price since then. :roll:

EDIT: The tape has to be worth around $10 so I guess $6 isn't bad. It's still double what I was expecting to point you guys too though. He had 4 sold when I bought from him. I advertised it and now there is 13 sold. You think there just might be a link there? Seller has gone all Greedy Smurf selling these Harmony Smurf tapes. :lol:

• Like 2

Don't tell the wife the value or you'll be crying like a baby when she makes you sell to go shopping lol

LOL, I've told my wife about parts of my collection, I have a handful of items that are worth well over $500 and some closer to $1200. Every time we get a little tight, she asked me to sell my games and there is a HUGE no. It's one she wont win and she knows it.

• Like 1

LOL, I've told my wife about parts of my collection, I have a handful of items that are worth well over $500 and some closer to $1200. Every time we get a little tight, she asked me to sell my games and there is a HUGE no. It's one she wont win and she knows it.

Just tell her she's replaceable but your games are not and see where that gets you. My wife keeps trying to get me to sell a game to go on a shopping spree and I tell her no too but she still goes anyways. Selling your $500 plus games will probably be real tough to get back especially if you want an 80's game room.

• Like 1

Just tell her she's replaceable but your games are not and see where that gets you. My wife keeps trying to get me to sell a game to go on a shopping spree and I tell her no too but she still goes anyways. Selling your $500 plus games will probably be real tough to get back especially if you want an 80's game room.

She also knows I have been collecting video games from the age of 8... and we have lived to together for 20 years now, and every time we lived together I have always had 4-6 consoles (with many games) setup. Now I started to get my entire collection together, over 30 consoles with thousands of games... never mind my 5 full size coin op games...

Trust me she has been trying for years... and in my eyes they are not replicable. As if I am able to sell a game for $500, when I try to get it again, it will cost me $550 or more....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Swami said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.  Nobody is "calling them pads" this is just typical BS keyword spamming to try and get their listing to show up in as many searches as possible.  It is really annoying though but unfortunately "pads" is probably close enough that eBay wouldn't agree if you flagged the add for keyword spamming.  Unfortunately there are tons of much more egregious examples and they really bug me every time I'm trying to craft a very specific search for a specific item and it gets flooded with a lot of completely unrelated ads using words that don't even belong. 

58 minutes ago, Mitkraft said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.  Nobody is "calling them pads" this is just typical BS keyword spamming to try and get their listing to show up in as many searches as possible.  It is really annoying though but unfortunately "pads" is probably close enough that eBay wouldn't agree if you flagged the add for keyword spamming.  Unfortunately there are tons of much more egregious examples and they really bug me every time I'm trying to craft a very specific search for a specific item and it gets flooded with a lot of completely unrelated ads using words that don't even belong. 

Hoping it doesn't catch on, like those so many others.

One of the primary reasons I just can’t stand resellers. This guy is one of the worst. I recently lost this item to him in an auction for $78.  I was hoping it would at least go to a collection where it’s appreciated. Of course not. He picks it up for $78 and tries to turn it around for $999.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNAVOX-ODYSSEY-FLOATY-BALL-POINT-PEN-BY-DENMARK-PEN-CO-NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN-FP/372768490998?hash=item56cabbc5f6:g:Ns0AAOSwadtder-e

50 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

One of the primary reasons I just can’t stand resellers. This guy is one of the worst. I recently lost this item to him in an auction for $78.  I was hoping it would at least go to a collection where it’s appreciated. Of course not. He picks it up for $78 and tries to turn it around for $999.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNAVOX-ODYSSEY-FLOATY-BALL-POINT-PEN-BY-DENMARK-PEN-CO-NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN-FP/372768490998?hash=item56cabbc5f6:g:Ns0AAOSwadtder-e

Yup.  This guy is nuts.  I've had several bizarre dealings with him.  Very flakey.

21 hours ago, KylJoy said:

Yup.  This guy is nuts.  I've had several bizarre dealings with him.  Very flakey.

Yes, he is super bizarre.  For a long time he would literally bid on and often win virtually every Odyssey 1 item that came up on Ebay.  He claims to recondition the items he buys which doesn't seem to be very comprehensive from what I have seen.  Recently, he has been claiming that he is "going out of business" in his auctions and yet here he is, still flipping stuff.  

10 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

Yes, he is super bizarre.  For a long time he would literally bid on and often win virtually every Odyssey 1 item that came up on Ebay.  He claims to recondition the items he buys which doesn't seem to be very comprehensive from what I have seen.  Recently, he has been claiming that he is "going out of business" in his auctions and yet here he is, still flipping stuff.  

Yeah, he has to have an inventory of hundreds of Odyssey units. I really think he’s much of the reason that Odyssey 1 units went through the roof price wise. He can’t sell that many so at some point they’ll likely end up being thrown out or auctioned off for next to nothing. 

He has been trying for a few years now to sell off his entire "business" to anyone that will listen.

Like you said he has alot of inventory and ruined the market for many years.

He is old and he has hogged all the odysseys and is now stuck with them.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:37 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I'm amazed to see that pen, because I used to own the exact same one. I bought it out of a seller from the middle of West Virginia about a year or two ago. I in turn got it to a reputable Odyssey collector who would certainly still own it, which means that this one is a second copy of that same pen. Which in turn means that more are out there in the wild.

18 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Yeah, he has to have an inventory of hundreds of Odyssey units. I really think he’s much of the reason that Odyssey 1 units went through the roof price wise. He can’t sell that many so at some point they’ll likely end up being thrown out or auctioned off for next to nothing. 

Whatever else could be said about that seller, he did help me finish off my own Odyssey 1 set, and what I bought was indeed in fine shape. Though this was several years ago, before Ralph Baer passed away, and before the corresponding price spikes.