IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tombstone said:

Yeah, nobody had a chance to take this from the person who won. They also won another from the same seller with a few more protos. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Ok, I know some folks put a heavy premium on items in nice condition.  This however seems a little ridiculous even as nice as it is...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VideoCart-20-WHIZBALL-Fairchild-CHANNEL-F-Video-Game-Cartridge-Mint-in-box-NOS/383481127102?hash=item594941a0be:g:RkEAAOSwuhhefowI

I wonder if they had any idea it was even rare. They are selling three Channel F games and the other two aren't going for anywhere near this much.

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Ok, I know some folks put a heavy premium on items in nice condition.  This however seems a little ridiculous even as nice as it is...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VideoCart-20-WHIZBALL-Fairchild-CHANNEL-F-Video-Game-Cartridge-Mint-in-box-NOS/383481127102?hash=item594941a0be:g:RkEAAOSwuhhefowI

Yeah, that’s where i would expect a boxed Checkers to be, price-wise. Not sure what’s going on there. It’s Whizball, for crying out loud.

9 hours ago, Tombstone said:

Yeah, that’s where i would expect a boxed Checkers to be, price-wise. Not sure what’s going on there. It’s Whizball, for crying out loud.

Whizball was definitely hard for me to acquire, but if these bids are legit there are at least 2 collectors out there with huge pockets trying to get perfect items at any cost. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of this tactic. Combining an obvious repro with a bunch of fairly common carts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Game-Lot-13-cartridges-w-rare-title-Color-Bar-Generator-repro/184244829607?hash=item2ae5d8fda7:g:zJgAAOSw46Bd3FLJ

At least they acknowledge that the rare cart might be a repro (and they obviously are) but it's still shady. They do this in multiple auctions.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, cvga said:

I'm not a fan of this tactic. Combining an obvious repro with a bunch of fairly common carts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Game-Lot-13-cartridges-w-rare-title-Color-Bar-Generator-repro/184244829607?hash=item2ae5d8fda7:g:zJgAAOSw46Bd3FLJ

At least they acknowledge that the rare cart might be a repro (and they obviously are) but it's still shady. They do this in multiple auctions.

Yeah, i messaged this seller about a month ago stating that his/her possible repros are clearly repros. Even sent pocs of the real carts I have. No response. He/she knows what they are doing. Not really my battle at this point.

36 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

Yeah, i messaged this seller about a month ago stating that his/her possible repros are clearly repros. Even sent pocs of the real carts I have. No response. He/she knows what they are doing. Not really my battle at this point.

Yeah, I don't see a way to have that many carts without realizing that the rare ones are repros. I'm glad that I don't have to be that much of a slimebag to earn money by ripping people off. It disgusts me even with the caveat of "repro?" like they don't know.

• 5 weeks later...