IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

31 minutes ago, schuwalker said:

Jesus Mary of Joseph, Cannon Man boxed for 1k!

I don't know if it's the Covid thing getting into people's heads; I'm noticing shit has been selling on eBay for astronomical numbers as of late.

It has. Even common items have spiked. There was a Sears Golf up this week posted for $50 BIN. Thats a box I didn’t have so I was going make an offer, but before I did it sold at that price!  Previous copies have sold for < $20 up till recently. I’ve been hunting for a boxed copy of Sears Adventure for what seems like forever.  I finally nabbed one, but had to pay up to get it.  Sometimes you got to.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:24 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Yeah, I’m watching that.  I can’t see anyone paying that even for this but who knows.  I noticed the same guy just sold a CIB Cannon Man for $999 and a CIB regular Sears Superman for I think $600. Never thought those would sell for that either but it looks like they both went quick.  

It's not been up for grabs in a long time and $3,500 OBO would be pretty tempting to someone with some extra scratch and the desire to complete the Sears set. These are crazy times with games fetching WAY more than they should. 

44 minutes ago, Shawn said:

It's not been up for grabs in a long time and $3,500 OBO would be pretty tempting to someone with some extra scratch and the desire to complete the Sears set. These are crazy times with games fetching WAY more than they should. 

It wouldn’t be a shock to see it sell honestly. 

Edited by Atari_Bill

2 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

It has. Even common items have spiked. There was a Sears Golf up this week posted for $50 BIN. Thats a box I didn’t have so I was going make an offer, but before I did it sold at that price!  Previous copies have sold for < $20 up till recently. I’ve been hunting for a boxed copy of Sears Adventure for what seems like forever.  I finally nabbed one, but had to pay up to get it.  Sometimes you got to.

Absolutely... I've been dabbling in the world of Sega Genesis and I noticed even a price surge on the most common games in the Genesis library.

It's not even relegated to the video game scene. In the guitar world, there's been a price hike even on the lower based models of each guitar manufacturer.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:53 PM, masschamber said:

Yeah I'd agree with that.

I did, hoping for a fun response

also a sears picture label superman has been listed, 

shame it's not an auction, how long has it been since one has been on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-Yellow-text-Superman-picture-label-cartridge-Atari-2600-tested/184414407048?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Looks like it either sold or was pulled for a sale behind the scenes.  Would love to know what it brought!!!

Is this a real box or repro?   It doesn’t look shiny like it should and I’ve never seen the insert that holds the cart before.  I also notice that the seller is very careful to never specifically mention the box as authentic.  If it’s a repro, this is a very pathetic attempt at deceiving the buyer at that price. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHASE-THE-CHUCK-WAGON-COMPLETE-1983-by-Ralston-Purina-Atari-2600/392931819422?hash=item5b7c8fbf9e:g:FlUAAOSw5alfU~al

58 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Is this a real box or repro?   It doesn’t look shiny like it should and I’ve never seen the insert that holds the cart before.  I also notice that the seller is very careful to never specifically mention the box as authentic.  If it’s a repro, this is a very pathetic attempt at deceiving the buyer at that price. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHASE-THE-CHUCK-WAGON-COMPLETE-1983-by-Ralston-Purina-Atari-2600/392931819422?hash=item5b7c8fbf9e:g:FlUAAOSw5alfU~al

I wouldn't trust it,

15 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Has anyone asked the seller for more info? Would be interesting to see the response.

i got a response from the chase the chuckwagon 

I have updated the pictures in the Auction with (3) additional that shows the semi-metallic sheen....which is hard to photograph....the actual box itself is a hard plastic type material with a glossy coating...best I can describe it. It is " absolutely Authentic " , as I am the one and only owner of it....received as a promotional Prize in a give-a-way back about 1985. Only reason I am selling it bis because I am now retired and reducing my vast collection......thank you for your interest and please see the Auction.

Seller is an idiot, liar or both.

Those boxes were made yesrs ago here by mancavearcade.

He conceived the neat game themed slide out trays.

This guy either got ripped off himself or is just flat out lying....he did not get that thru the promotional mail in 

Edited by stupus

13 hours ago, masschamber said:

I just did, should be fun, if I get a response.

7 hours ago, masschamber said:

i got a response from the chase the chuckwagon 

I have updated the pictures in the Auction with (3) additional that shows the semi-metallic sheen....which is hard to photograph....the actual box itself is a hard plastic type material with a glossy coating...best I can describe it. It is " absolutely Authentic " , as I am the one and only owner of it....received as a promotional Prize in a give-a-way back about 1985. Only reason I am selling it bis because I am now retired and reducing my vast collection......thank you for your interest and please see the Auction.

Wow! At least you got a pleasant response.

I sent him the following question...

Hi, is this an authentic box and cart or are they reproductions? They don't appear to have the shiny metallic look that others I've seen have. Thanks!

and received this answer...
I have been on E-Bay way too long with a PERFECT record to have my credibility brought into question by someone like you. FACTS are FACTS. Goodbye.

I thought the question was actually pretty nice. I didn't accuse him of anything. I just asked for clarification since the look was a little different.

8 hours ago, stupus said:

Seller is an idiot, liar or both.

Those boxes were made yesrs ago here by mancavearcade.

He conceived the neat game themed slide out trays.

This guy either got ripped off himself or is just flat out lying....he did not get that thru the promotional mail in 

It definitely is a Mancavearcade box.  It is in fact the same box that I had in my collection at one time.  After looking at the seller ID , I am pretty sure I sold this exact box to him as a reproduction a while back.  I sold it with an authentic cart/manual, so in theory those could be the same ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atari181 said:

It definitely is a Mancavearcade box.  It is in fact the same box that I had in my collection at one time.  After looking at the seller ID , I am pretty sure I sold this exact box to him as a reproduction a while back.  I sold it with an authentic cart/manual, so in theory those could be the same ones.

The box is fake, insert is fake, cartridge label looks fake, manual could be real? Do you still have pics of what you sold this guy? I doubt that’s the cartridge you sold him. He belongs on the bad trader list for saying it’s real and buying it back in the 80’s. He has 100% feedback so I don’t know why he’s gone rogue maybe he needs money because of COVID?

7 hours ago, cvga said:

Wow! At least you got a pleasant response.

I sent him the following question...

Hi, is this an authentic box and cart or are they reproductions? They don't appear to have the shiny metallic look that others I've seen have. Thanks!

and received this answer...
I have been on E-Bay way too long with a PERFECT record to have my credibility brought into question by someone like you. FACTS are FACTS. Goodbye.

I thought the question was actually pretty nice. I didn't accuse him of anything. I just asked for clarification since the look was a little different.

I would guess he’s gotten multiple questions about it and/or is following the discussion here and is getting annoyed. 

EDIT. And now the listing has been taken down...

Edited by Atari_Bill