IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

4 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

What the heck even is this? It looks like the Wico Command for the 5200. Was this for PC? The listing claims it comes with a flashback but it's not pictured. All that is here is a few images of controllers. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393560225431?hash=item5ba2047697:g:LNAAAOSw6e9hOPh4

Does anyone know what this is? The controller looks like it has an inverse of the wico command. I can't find anything about it online. Seller sent pics of the adapter.

Screenshot_20210909-180015.thumb.png.08b20a7ccbc6752916d7241560791b40.png

Edit: looks like it's a "909 Joystick" made by Winner or Magic. Most of the ones I'm seeing are all straight to male db15 but this box appears to have a db9 to db15 adapter. I'm sure this was in every crap store when it came out (MacFrugals anyone?) But I think it's interesting. I was never into PC gaming back when. Btw, this box is not part of the listing above. I found it elsewhere.

65993892214136Liam.thumb.jpg.5d9830b636408e0470eb3d326e4c06bd.jpg

Edited by Dopy25
New info

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flappy Mcfur auction looks interesting. Cart only but didnt this release as a limited edition boxed game I thought?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flappy-Mcfur-Atari-Jaguar-/175001309757?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=706-127636-26712-0

This DVD doesn't ship until 2025!!

PRE-ORDER Gilligan's Island: Season 3 [New DVD] Full Frame, Mono Sound, Repackaged, Subt

ATTENTION: This is a PRE-ORDER Title. This item cannot be shipped before the official release date of Dec 31 2025 . You will not receive this item before the Release Date.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392231025359?epid=15046038725

Edited by roadrunner

Just now, roadrunner said:

This DVD doesn't ship until 2025!!

Well, that's absolutely ridiculous.  It should be pretty easy to get that auction shut down, as eBay requires that "presale" items be shipped within 30 days of purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-listings-policy?id=4252

And as of this writing, 84 people have already purchased this. 

What's weird about this is Gilligan's Island on DVD was released twice already on DVD (in 2005 and 2012, apparently), and you can buy it right now without having to wait until 2025.  I'd say they made a mistake with this auction, but looking at it they would have had to screw up not online the listing title, but also several places in the description where it's stated this is a PRE-ORDER and will not be shipped until 2025.  And not just 2025, but December 31, 2025. 

I looked through the seller's other auctions, and they have several more pre-orders, but most of them are more reasonable dates.  However, I did also find this one that has a pre-order date of 2025.  And another.

This is all a bit of a head scratcher.

..Al

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Well, that's absolutely ridiculous.  It should be pretty easy to get that auction shut down, as eBay requires that "presale" items be shipped within 30 days of purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-listings-policy?id=4252

What's weird about this is Gilligan's Island on DVD was released twice already on DVD (in 2005 and 2012, apparently), and you can buy it right now without having to wait until 2025.  I'd say they made a mistake with this auction, but looking at it they would have had to screw up not online the listing title, but also several places in the description where it's stated this is a PRE-ORDER and will not be shipped until 2025.  And not just 2025, but December 31, 2025. 

I looked through the seller's other auctions, and they have several more pre-orders, but most of them are more reasonable dates.  However, I did also find this one that has a pre-order date of 2025.  And another.

..Al

Good info, thanks

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Yeah, I am not sure about how this flies under the radar.  I have bought from this seller before (a lot, actually,) and they have always been good to me.  All said, I worry about this four year pre-order.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, Albert said:

And the one he's selling is actually the 2012 release (the UPC is from the 2012 Canadian release of Season 3).

Maybe he actually has it in stock and doesn't realize his listing is showing it as a pre-order?  I can't imagine 84 people would pay for a 4 year pre-order...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 6:47 PM, Albert said:

..Al

I read an interesting NYT article about Amazon 3rd party booksellers recently. Apparently 3rd party sellers will get their books seen more (or think they do) by pre dating the publication date by, say 300-400 years. Book was published in 1999, they say 1609. Incorrectly coding certain aspects of your item I guess puts it in odd and different spots/categories. I'd think that would make it LESS noticeable (if you are looking for an antique book why would a new crime thriller even be of interest to you just because it popped up in a bad category?) but perhaps this is kind of the same thing...maybe being coded as a "pre order" gets you higher page placement of a search for "Gilligan" or something, presumption being you are the "newest version".

2 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Cool item, Transformation Toys 01-STUDIO War For Cybertron Unicron Action Figure In Stock
131 watchers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402577906507

This is crazy.  I have the 30-inch tall Hasbro HasLab crowd-funded Unicron and it cost $575.  This thing looks tiny in comparison and he wants $550 and people are paying it.