IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Even beta tapes get graded, BETA!! 

Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Indiana Jones BETA Tape SEALED IGS 9 MINT/NM Not VHS

This is a Indiana Jones - Raiders Of The Lost Ark 1983 first print English cover Sealed BETA / BETAMAX Tape complete with Paramount Pictures watermarks. The tape has been graded by IGS. The box has been given a 9.0 MINT score. The seal has been given a 7.5 Near Mint score.

If you have any other questions about this listing please message me.

Thank you for looking and bidding!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175104751155

s-l1600beta.jpg

Edited by roadrunner
link
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I honestly wanted to know if he was including a block of gold or something. Maybe the carts were signed or came with a certificate of authenticity (ha) or something. But nooooooo. "keep scrolling," 'some other sucker will buy it'. I watched the listing and got a few offers, but none even close to the realm of worth it. They have Punch out and Zelda. Both carts are in reasonable shape, but they're up for $150. Funny story, since the algorithms on ebay show similar items kinda decently, everyone that even sees his page will see the items for half the price he has them.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GoldenWheels said:

My family thinks I am cool, I like to think I'm cool. But I will never be "paid $20K for a video game console" cool.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

My family thinks I am cool, I like to think I'm cool. But I will never be "paid $20K for a video game console" cool.

Dopy I pay pretty stupid amounts of money for plastic all the time and I think this is cuckoo bananas nutso. If I knew someone who paid 20k for a console, I'd only think they were cool if that person was also helping the hell out of everyone he could. Cuz if you got money like that, you should spread it around.

This thing would be the crown jewel of my PC-E collection if I owned it, and even at something like 5k or something I could afford...I couldn't look my wife or kids in the face if I bought it. I'd be embarrassed.

I bet it sells for less than a 1/4 of this price eventually. PC-E scene is not that large, nor is everyone interested in the South Korean part of it.

45 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

I can picture it now...sitting on the porch with the grand kids and watching the sunset.  Little Jimmy turns to Grandpa and asks:

"Grandpa, tell us about the time you bought the Haitai Vistar PC Engine console for $19,999.  What was it like owning such a rare piece of video game history?"

Grandpa ponders the question thoughtfully and responds:

"Well Jimmy, back in those days during the height of the retro gaming popularity it wasn't enough to just own a standard PC Engine system.  Nope...I took the gamble and plunked down nearly $20k for this once in a lifetime chance to own something so unique.  It now sits on my shelf with my other rare gaming items, though the plastic is becoming brittle so no one can touch or play it."

Jimmy looks confused and bewildered..."I don't get your hobby.  It's all about owning things you can't touch or play."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GoldenWheels said:

Dopy I pay pretty stupid amounts of money for plastic all the time and I think this is cuckoo bananas nutso. If I knew someone who paid 20k for a console, I'd only think they were cool if that person was also helping the hell out of everyone he could. Cuz if you got money like that, you should spread it around.

This thing would be the crown jewel of my PC-E collection if I owned it, and even at something like 5k or something I could afford...I couldn't look my wife or kids in the face if I bought it. I'd be embarrassed.

I bet it sells for less than a 1/4 of this price eventually. PC-E scene is not that large, nor is everyone interested in the South Korean part of it.

I don't think I've ever paid over 300 for a console, current gen (at the time) included. I am sure if I had the funds I would have a Jag by now. lol.

Also agreed on the spreading the money around if you have the ability, but I also believe that if you earned the money you can and should spend it on what you want. I do not want to spend that much on one item. I would be embarrassed as well, considering I have family members that could use my help much more than I could use a SK PC Engine. haha

Don't get me wrong, that SK one looks pretty freaking cool, but I just can't see it. Honestly I'm ready to sell my TG16 for enough money to buy a PC Engine Duo so I can play TG CD games. lol

8 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

I can picture it now...sitting on the porch with the grand kids and watching the sunset.  Little Jimmy turns to Grandpa and asks:

"Grandpa, tell us about the time you bought the Haitai Vistar PC Engine console for $19,999.  What was it like owning such a rare piece of video game history?"

Grandpa ponders the question thoughtfully and responds:

"Well Jimmy, back in those days during the height of the retro gaming popularity it wasn't enough to just own a standard PC Engine system.  Nope...I took the gamble and plunked down nearly $20k for this once in a lifetime chance to own something so unique.  It now sits on my shelf with my other rare gaming items, though the plastic is becoming brittle so no one can touch or play it."

Jimmy looks confused and bewildered..."I don't get your hobby.  It's all about owning things you can't touch or play."  

HAHAHA I love this story!

In all seriousness though, I remember my great grandparents "things" they had. Obviously none were video games. They were born in 1914 after all. But the thing is, I remember them showing me the super old stuff they had. Mostly old electrical plant or glass plant items. Nothing really collectible in a sense that it was sold in stores, but it was important to them. They never once told me not to touch it. Maybe that was just them , or me, but who knows. 

I have another grandpa that owns a 1929 Model A Roadster and he drives it often. He even let's my kids in it. It may be his baby, but he would rather have us enjoying it as well. Too bad brittle plastic won't last as long as a classic car. 

3 hours ago, stupus said:

No that is something somebody added. They never came with those.

Packaging (inner and outer as they're not pictured or mentioned) doesn't support those balls either. Had a pair of these once for my TI and the 2600... they're surprisingly decent for what they are, but aren't something you want to use much as typical and expected hand cramping sets in before long - despite the claim to the contrary. ha  Got rid of mine a loooong time ago.

Oh, and shit like this just kills me:

3F0AC288-767B-486A-A5BD-CDA02E77E7E1.jpeg.378419244f25871a93bba1924ad04e07.jpeg

...using that method and considering what they're asking, thanks for marking up the plastic to unnecessarily demonstrate removing the ball tops! ? ? 

• Like 2

Well, i have nos sets for atari and coleco. No mention of them on anything, no place in the packing to hold them. Never seen them in all my years collecting. And it takes pliers to remove them?

But please prove me wrong if you have any evidence. I love to be wrong and learn new stuff :)