IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

This seller in Australia has several rare/obscure 2600 carts for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ss90super/m.html?item=161128244096&ViewItem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

with worldwide shipping. Some of them look rare. Are they?

Nothing particularly valuable, a couple of pirate oddities, but probably nothing worth beyond $10

*Important note* Info is from Wiki, so, I don't think this is worth much as I see it. The first time I saw a "night scene" Atlantis, I even thought it was the real deal. How wrong I am. ;) Plus, he is a FNG to the site, trying to scam, maybe, no clue what he has, definitely.

And he contradicts himself, "10-25 made" on the title, and in the description, "only 10 of these cartridges were made with the specific rom set". :?

Oh, and again, (copied directly) "Atlantis II's value has been rated at $6,000.00 by a few websites, but has sold for as much as $18,000.00 and may well be worth more because there are only ten of them in existence. Until recently it was never officially known how many of these competition carts were produced."

What an idiot.

Ill buy that for a dollar.

Edited by Chigti

Description: This was the "tournament" version of the original Atlantis. Atlantis II only has one game variation, faster gameplay, and lower scoring. It looks like any other night-label Atlantis cart. The box is also a standard Atlantis box, except for an "Atlantis II" sticker on the front. The game was created in response to the "Defend Atlantis" contest Imagic held in which several players submitted scores of over 1 million - so many in fact that they had to submit another photo showing a score of 900k or more to verify they rolled it. Those who did were each sent a copy of Atlantis II (it's unknown how many were made but 2 dozen have been found to date) and given 2 days to submit their best score. The top 5 players of this runoff earned a free trip to Bermuda for a showdown, with the overall winner nabbing a cool $10k; however it's rumored that the contest showdown was cancelled and a winner was never chosen. A boxed copy with an Atlantis T-shirt, sold on Ebay in 2010 for $7k.

Description: This was the "tournament" version of the original Atlantis. Atlantis II only has one game variation, faster gameplay, and lower scoring. It looks like any other night-label Atlantis cart. The box is also a standard Atlantis box, except for an "Atlantis II" sticker on the front. The game was created in response to the "Defend Atlantis" contest Imagic held in which several players submitted scores of over 1 million - so many in fact that they had to submit another photo showing a score of 900k or more to verify they rolled it. Those who did were each sent a copy of Atlantis II (it's unknown how many were made but 2 dozen have been found to date) and given 2 days to submit their best score. The top 5 players of this runoff earned a free trip to Bermuda for a showdown, with the overall winner nabbing a cool $10k; however it's rumored that the contest showdown was cancelled and a winner was never chosen. A boxed copy with an Atlantis T-shirt, sold on Ebay in 2010 for $7k.

Ok, so this description I found quotes "2 dozen have been found". But verification?