Jump to content
Albert

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Recommended Posts

On 10/24/2019 at 5:22 PM, FujiSkunk said:

The 2600 Label Maker has been getting a lot of mileage.

Not being of the Atari persuasion I have never seen this... and I love you for making me aware of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tombstone said:

Yeah, nobody had a chance to take this from the person who won. They also won another from the same seller with a few more protos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice thing about Goodwill as the seller is that the carts probably aren’t fakes, and the winning bidder doesn’t have to worry about a side deal.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Yeah, nobody had a chance to take this from the person who won. They also won another from the same seller with a few more protos. 

No Chance at all. :)  

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Ok, I know some folks put a heavy premium on items in nice condition.  This however seems a little ridiculous even as nice as it is...

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VideoCart-20-WHIZBALL-Fairchild-CHANNEL-F-Video-Game-Cartridge-Mint-in-box-NOS/383481127102?hash=item594941a0be:g:RkEAAOSwuhhefowI

I wonder if they had any idea it was even rare. They are selling three Channel F games and the other two aren't going for anywhere near this much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Ok, I know some folks put a heavy premium on items in nice condition.  This however seems a little ridiculous even as nice as it is...

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VideoCart-20-WHIZBALL-Fairchild-CHANNEL-F-Video-Game-Cartridge-Mint-in-box-NOS/383481127102?hash=item594941a0be:g:RkEAAOSwuhhefowI

Yeah, that’s where i would expect a boxed Checkers to be, price-wise. Not sure what’s going on there. It’s Whizball, for crying out loud.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tombstone said:

Yeah, that’s where i would expect a boxed Checkers to be, price-wise. Not sure what’s going on there. It’s Whizball, for crying out loud.

 

Whizball was definitely hard for me to acquire, but if these bids are legit there are at least 2 collectors out there with huge pockets trying to get perfect items at any cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of this tactic. Combining an obvious repro with a bunch of fairly common carts.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Game-Lot-13-cartridges-w-rare-title-Color-Bar-Generator-repro/184244829607?hash=item2ae5d8fda7:g:zJgAAOSw46Bd3FLJ

 

At least they acknowledge that the rare cart might be a repro (and they obviously are) but it's still shady. They do this in multiple auctions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, cvga said:

I'm not a fan of this tactic. Combining an obvious repro with a bunch of fairly common carts.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Game-Lot-13-cartridges-w-rare-title-Color-Bar-Generator-repro/184244829607?hash=item2ae5d8fda7:g:zJgAAOSw46Bd3FLJ

 

At least they acknowledge that the rare cart might be a repro (and they obviously are) but it's still shady. They do this in multiple auctions.

Yeah, i messaged this seller about a month ago stating that his/her possible repros are clearly repros. Even sent pocs of the real carts I have. No response. He/she knows what they are doing. Not really my battle at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

Yeah, i messaged this seller about a month ago stating that his/her possible repros are clearly repros. Even sent pocs of the real carts I have. No response. He/she knows what they are doing. Not really my battle at this point.

Yeah, I don't see a way to have that many carts without realizing that the rare ones are repros. I'm glad that I don't have to be that much of a slimebag to earn money by ripping people off. It disgusts me even with the caveat of "repro?" like they don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...