IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Morning, I appreciate the tone and accusation but they are neither my auctions nor do I even live in the UK.  I just receive e-mail notifications that sometimes send me auction listings for places that are not ebay and yes I thought that a large collection of almost exclusively CiB Atari games and accessories in good-or-better condition that included some normally pretty pricey titles was interesting.  It's hardly the least interesting thing I've seen in this thread, but going forward I will endeavor to be more discriminating in how interesting you may find it and make a new thread instead. 

Edited by Donnicton
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2021 at 11:55 PM, stupus said:

Yeah, all i can assume is these people had an original h6er and then got the sears 4 switch and all their atari stuff was kept together and when a hex came off they just stuck it to the front of their current system.

Anyway it was funny but a great find....started to think i would never ever get 1!

While i have looked thru most of my games good i havent checked every bit of every surface for hex discs.

I know people have found them inside the consoles too...so if you hear a rattle it could be gold :)

I think they are also so rare as i think only the very first cx10s had them. 

I got a brand new h6er from the original owner. He had played it once when he got it and put it up till he sold it to me. He was an adult when it came out, he bought it, had friends over that weekend. They played it the one night and it wasnt his thing. He put it in the closet and it sat there since.

He said it never had the discs. The controllers look mint, smell like new rubber and still have that untouched look. And doesnt ever look like any adhesive was on the top at all.

And its a fairly early h6er so i think only the very, very first ones got them....and they all came off of those. So just so crazy rare. We need nice repros made.

Nice info, it looks like Atari was cost cutting because Atari was a high growth juggernaut that required a lot of capital. Today these hex discs make collectors batty trying to find one and I put the blame on Nolan lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Don't remember this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303838569595

I have, they're quite hard to come by so I'm maybe surprised he just wants $250, even with the cracks, given it clearly works.  It's like a hotel/kiosk Japanese version of like the NES M82 of sorts or like the Neo Geo MVS, a multi-slot version of a single slot device used to show off and play a few games.

Shame the key is lost, but I guess if you right the right good locksmith a replacement could be made without ruining it.  The worst of it is really the cracks.  The controllers if you crack it open should be plugged in inside there so someone couldn't just walk off with them so replacing those with clean nice non-funked out SFC pads wouldn't be too terrible either. That $85 shipping charge is what stings.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I have, they're quite hard to come by so I'm maybe surprised he just wants $250, even with the cracks, given it clearly works.  It's like a hotel/kiosk Japanese version of like the NES M82 of sorts or like the Neo Geo MVS, a multi-slot version of a single slot device used to show off and play a few games.

Shame the key is lost, but I guess if you right the right good locksmith a replacement could be made without ruining it.  The worst of it is really the cracks.  The controllers if you crack it open should be plugged in inside there so someone couldn't just walk off with them so replacing those with clean nice non-funked out SFC pads wouldn't be too terrible either. That $85 shipping charge is what stings.

This one is 399 and free shipping.  But totally f***ed up front panel.  So 250 is not bad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254618103309

Good range there.  I get the $800 price concept but it's way out there unless it's the second version of the unit which is far more scarce.

The general one that's cheaper it uses a Nintendo made multicart, and inside there are 2 slots.  One, the one with Mario Collection has to be in there no matter what as the bootrom, and it has 3 games, the other 2 on screen slots are it and that's a second swappable cart with +2 titles.

The harder to find one that's revised, it can boot on its own and it's multislot so you can just fire up whatever SFC game you want to jam into it which makes it more like my multi-slot MVS description from before.  That one has far more value, maybe the $800 one is that, or the dude really thinks it not being cracked makes it worth over twice the price.

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Good range there.  I get the $800 price concept but it's way out there unless it's the second version of the unit which is far more scarce.

The general one that's cheaper it uses a Nintendo made multicart, and inside there are 2 slots.  One, the one with Mario Collection has to be in there no matter what as the bootrom, and it has 3 games, the other 2 on screen slots are it and that's a second swappable cart with +2 titles.

The harder to find one that's revised, it can boot on its own and it's multislot so you can just fire up whatever SFC game you want to jam into it which makes it more like my multi-slot MVS description from before.  That one has far more value, maybe the $800 one is that, or the dude really thinks it not being cracked makes it worth over twice the price.

Mint condition def worth more always.

Yes it's just less crappier than the rest, but still damaged.  That's why I kind of went in the direction of wondering if it's the rarer 2nd version that is a bit more free on loading up standard carts instead of custom multicarts Nintendo did for it.  $800 if it's just another of those as I said, way out there.  Obviously if it were mint, no real damage other than some like general scuffs and light stuff then sure it's worth a good bit more than something that looks like it was dropped or cracked intentionally to get inside being too damn lazy to get a locksmith to open it up right.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, roadrunner said:

Resellers here at AA need to start buying Dr Seuss books
6 book lot sold for almost $5K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-6-Out-of-Print-Dr-Seuss-Books-If-I-Ran-the-Zoo-Scrambled-Eggs-McElligot/303905907221

I actually saw that.  Being a big Dr. Seuss fan there are only a couple of books I don’t have.  I do have those 6 including a 1953 edition of Scrambled Egg Supper.  At those prices I’m very tempted to sell them.  I have a hunch this is a knee jerk price spike and they will settle back to high but reasonable at some point.  If you check sold listing there are a lot of them selling for 2k-5k for the lot and tons of the individual books selling for $300 on up.

• 3 weeks later...