IGNORED

Beware of this eBayer - scottith - Scott Stilphen

Super-Genius!

Back in January, I was the unfortunate winner of an auction on eBay run

by Scott Stilphen. Being very much a part of the Atari Community, I knew

his reputation was less than desireable. But, I like giving people the

benifit of the doubt.

So, I immediately sent him a check for the auction. He sent me the product.

I left him positive feedback because that is what any "human"

would do. He turned around and left me negative feedback. Until he did

that, I had a 100% rating. What kind of miserable human being would do

something like that??

Just to give everyone a little background, for some reason he is upset

because I am selling reproduction Magicards on eBay. I was challenged by the

so called "VeRO" rights holder. All of my Commavid listings were removed by eBay.

My attorney sent eBay all of the appropriate

documentation and in turn allowed me to relist the reproductions and I have

been selling them on eBay ever since.

The bottom line is, no matter what anyone does outside an auction has

NOTHING to do with the present transaction.

I have filed a complaint with eBay and sent the information to my attorney

and will be acting very aggressively to make sure this vile person does not

do this to anyone else.

Here is a link to my feedback:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...serid=mega-cart

Mark

feedback.jpg

It's true that he should not have brought up anything that had nothing to do with the transaction. Some people need to check their ethics at the door :x If he already had a problem with you on an "ethical" level, he could have just refused to sell to you in the first place. Some people :x :x

While this does little to remove the stain of a negative, all I can say is that it was bound to happen sooner or later :sad: As Bob Wiley would say, hang up the phone and get on with your life. Sucky advice, but ebay isn't really known for being the most secure way of doing business.

And heck...he's even lied in other auctions!! Looking down the list, I noticed that he refused to use Paypal in one of them. I know for a fact that he's got a paypal account!! :x :x That was an outright lie.

Question:

How are you selling reproductions on ebay? I thought that they didn't allow it :?

Given how poorly Mark was mistreated by scottith, I commend Mark on his composer in his posting...

That FB was completely uncalled for and given Mr Stilphen's 24 (and I'm sure counting) negatives, hopefully if Mark's lawyer persue's this, ebay will ban that dirtbag as he should've been banned a dozen times over.

Curt

It's sad that this issue has yet to be resolved, and is still dragging mud through the retro-gaming community. I'm biased solely on having met Mark at several cons, have bought several of his products (including one of the dual carts in question) and genuinely thinking he's a nice guy. So in the end, I suppose it's not fair that I don't know Scott from Adam & Eve, can't say I've bought anything from him, and may never meet him. All the same though, if Scott wanted to win his argument on a moral basis, he's certainly not going to do it with cheapshots like that; and quite frankly it also tends to lend me to believe he probably doesn't have a LEGAL leg to stand on either. The guy should seriously give it a rest, or if he +does+ have the right to make a CommaVid cart he should put up or shut up and let the consumer decide which one they want for themselves.

I just wanted to give everyone an update on the negative feedback

Scott left. I filed a complaint with eBay. They in turn assigned a

mediator. I felt that this would be an easy way for him to withdraw

the feedback. Here is an email I just received from the mediator:

Dear Mr. DiLuciano,

We have received a response to your case from the other party

(email address: super_stonic@yahoo.com.) In that response,

the other party stated that they did not wish to discuss the issue with a mediator.

It is hard for me to believe that someone who is dead wrong can be

so narrow minded.

I also want to thank everyone for their support, emails and private

messages. And PLEASE, do not send me any more donations for

legal fees! I really wanted to avoid that if possible, but it does not

look like that is going to be the case.

Mark

Aren't they related to Joey bag a donuts and Mikey Provalone???

;-)

I digress.... Mark I think everyone should all carefully view this situation and do whatever is necessary to put scottith and his cohorts onto their blacklists on ebay and within the community as a whole.

There is no excuse for him to have done this over some $3.00 rights deal that both your lawyer and ebay's VERO (verified rights owner) department both have legally shown not to be valid.

Curt

We have received a response to your case from the other party (email address: super_stonic@yahoo.com.) In that response, the other party stated that they did not wish to discuss the issue with a mediator.

I don't know much about eBay, so what is going to happen next?

Anyone tried Google Groups for "Scott Stilphen"?

You know what? I actually did just out of curiosity and was amazed at how many times "Bad Seller: Scott Stilphen" popped up (there were several threads along these lines). If anyone thinks the people on AA may be biased somehow in this they should go take a look through the Google archive and see what other "non-AA's" have to say about Scott.

After reading those posts I sure as hell wouldn't deal with him. Not that I'd want to anyway... :ponder:

Tempest

Interesting, but IMO quite unrelated.

Well not really. It appears that Scott has had several Ebay related problems in the past. I guess if this was a court of law I'd say that "it goes to show character and a previous history of problems". What it really shows is that this isn't an isolated incident.

Tempest

Well not really.  It appears that Scott has had several Ebay related problems in the past.  I guess if this was a court of law I'd say that "it goes to show character and a previous history of problems".  What it really shows is that this isn't an isolated incident.

Sure, but IMO abusing the eBay feedback has a different quality.

BTW: Did you read the latest two follow-ups by Scott? :roll: