IGNORED

I want your ears bleeding ;)

emkay

Through the cause of searching for a better bass-tone, the floating of the tune was "off" ..... to compare it with a clock: While playing, sometimes its 2 o'Clock sometimes it's a quarter past 2 ...;)

I tried to manage a better floating in this... and I think it was a (small)success...

So I called this the "getting better mix" ;)

It may be a paradox to say "play high tones higher to get a deeper note"...

but:

Using 1,79MHz with generator "2" gives a dirty noise that can be used for some high-guitar-sounds...

generator "2" gives the ground note some additional distortion... which means a better ground tone plus some harmonics...

driving the pitch 2-3 octaves higher, reduces the harmonics, because they are to high to be recognized, which results in a more clean sounding.

At this point, again, the emulation sounds extremely different to the original thing. I think I managed it fair enough, but only on the original thing full finetuning is possible.

After "million"-times of testing a sound in RMT, saving it, exporting, it, exiting RMT, loading the emulator, checking the whole tune, exiting the emulation, loading RMT....

I found a way for an arpeggio on the 1,79MHz channel which fits best to the tune (imho).... it's a simple sounding without any reverb

On the other hand, it is a way to use two arpeggios on two different channels and without one channel is interfering the other...

The sounds of pokey...

In regular I am having problems with the start of a tune.

This time I did a quick conversion with some sounds I thought, they would fit to the tune...

Perhaps one still don't like it, "this" pokey sounding fits perfect to the the tune (somehow better than the original mod) especially at the start.

The tune is done to listen the first 60 seconds...the rest isn't done yet.

Any feedback about continuing the tune?

This is a Mod file that uses 4 voices to create some stereo effects.

Those stereo effects are useless on a mono soundchip as POKEY is.

Using 15kHz makes pokey sounding low-biased, which is great for cool drums and baseline.

The "high voice" gives straight and clear notes...

But, the main voice (that still uses two voices (for stereo effects), which could be used on a 16 bit channel with 1,79MHz oscillation) suffers by the lacking 16bit support.

So the huge (musical-) rage of the combination of

15kHz bass (octaves 1-4)

1,79MHz high sounding(Octaves 6-9)

plus

16 bit (with generator "a" or "6"(octaves 1-7))

... is still unused

... but I am satisfied with the tune, so far (including the restrictions of the available software)

Last one of this...

It's a really genious thing now... :D

Finally thinking (again) about...

-It's a MOD file which is "optimized by samples" , converted to pokey 4 voice option

-POKEY has more capabilities with the 3 channel option, which is not usable as needed in RMT (missing full POKEY support)

So, It's a tune "with drive in it", it's the sort of tune which is recommended to enhance demos and their presentation.

And...even though ... on the AMIGA "more noisy" tunes became "classic" ! , the question "of all time" is: Why is/was this type of Music never used on the A8?

OK... several "click"s removed.

some volume corrections, and one part has a "better" sounding.

What's better than a medley to search for sound-combinations.

BTW: It's still one pokey at 1 vbi(50Hz)speed... and all times all four vioces are used.

Isn't the accuracy interesting with that pokey can sound at deeper notes?

Well, not all parts are sounding perfect, but the difference makes the whole tune more interesting.

And, referring to the thread "well said" :

-Sound is your secret weapon

-Don't be afraid to break the rules

-Keep your sense of humor

... it all fits to the tune.

;)

Hm... I don't like the bass generators "C" & "E" for making music, because the never sound the same....

I gave it a try to enhance the baseline in "enjoy the silence"... but I'm not shure about it.

The other tune (oxygen) is a 4x speed test which sounds partially like the "sid-player", which shows the only real advantage of the SID...: the faster than 50Hz VBI (and flexible) sound updates.

(please remember the restrictions of RMT)

Doing some morphing FX is really useless....

Building a good sounding one inside RMT, will happen in an "interesting sound-mix with some sounding-hooks" in the emulator.

As the "Synthesizer Part" needs some morphing sound, I did a search for a way that sounded "OK" inside RMT & the A8Win plus 4.

Some of them do work in an interesting way already.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't help myself thinking about Rhumba, when listening to that tune...

Can be "Foxtrott" either ;)

Imagining a spanish dancer with a rose in his mouth, holding a hot woman for a fast dance ... ;)

Well... at least from RMT and the emulation, I must say that it can't be done better, when using 4 channels... (every single pitch of the main voice is as it has to be)

(wondering why no one is jumping around, making party for such a perfect piece :ponder: )

I dont know if this is due to me using an emu (AW3.1+), but the 'main' beat is very low - the drum bass overwhlems the main part of the song and therefore loses its impact for me.

Well, V. 3.1 isn't as "soundcompatible" as version 4. When using the 1,79MHz voice generators, the pitch is different to the o. hardware.

Another thing is, that it isn't possible to change 1,79MHz/64/15kHz at the envelop in RMT.

BTW: My problem is, that I prefer "bass" ;)

And, Volume changes are environment depending. This means: just every tune would need to be adjusted(finally) on the real hardware.

Appended is the tune with some volume-changes:

@emkay:

How about doing something for Grayscale Compo 2k5?

I hope that Grayscale Crew will make it happen this year, tho...

It's a different thing, fiddling around with some available MOD's and to search for pokey sounds and combinations of sounds, or to create "new music". One rule of th G.C. is, that the tune has to be "new", no remix or else is wanted.

Perhaps some co-work would be realistic.