IGNORED

What have I ever done to you people ?

CPUWIZ

I don't get it, I never even left any of the non-paying bidders a negative, I have never not shipped an item. What is it with people reporting my crap to eBay all the time? :?

No worries you sh*thead(s) (I know you are reading this), I'll be gone soon.

Thank you for your interest and participation in our About Me feature. Unfortunately, it was brought to our attention that your eBay About Me page, located at the following URL:  http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?...id=atariservice is in violation of our About Me Page Linking Guidelines.

We noticed that your About Me page contained:  

I also sometimes sell items that are frowned upon by eBay for some strange reason. Take a look at this link for more info !

While eBay will, if necessary, remove About Me pages that violate its policies, since your About Me page is an expression of your personality and tastes, it is contrary to our policies for us to edit your About Me page. We need to request that these changes be made within 24 hours.  

You can make changes to your page by going to the following URL and entering your User ID and password as requested:    

http://pages.ebay.com/services/aboutme/abo...utme-login.html  

If you are unable to make these changes, we will need to remove the entire page for you to start over in creating your About Me page.  Please note that our policies that apply to auction pages also apply to our About Me pages, with exception of advertisements. eBay will permit members to advertise their businesses in describing who they are and what they do on their About Me page. However, please remember that it is not acceptable to solicit direct sales in promoting that business.  

You can view these guidelines for a better understanding of our listing guidelines and how they affect the way you post your information at the URL below:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listin...ng-aboutme.html  

Information on infringing or illegal items or for information on other eBay listing guidelines, please view:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html  

We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation in making these changes within 24 hours.

Regards,  

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc

Great hobby. :|

That ant cool at all. Why cant people just leave people alone. If that person is watching. Screw you You chicken shit. If you have a Problem with somone take Issues with this person to there face. Like a man. Pick on someone your own size. Mainley me. I would love to meet you face to face. :D

for all of the blatantly illegal and offensive things that ebay ignores, WTF did they find wrong with your about me?? i can't even tell from that automated email what they are asking you to remove. try to put the BS aspect of ebay aside...this one is really a mere annoyance in the grand scheme.

i can't even tell from that automated email what they are asking you to remove.

They quoted his page as having a link to stuff "ebay frowns on." Would've been clearer if they'd put it in quotes or something.

-Bry

:? WTF.  It really sucks that there are some people in this hobby who have nothing better to do than fuck with someone out of spite and jealousy.  :x

I wonder if it isn't more like a teenager yelling "fuck you" from a passing car... I doubt there is any back-stabbing conspiracy against CPUWIZ.

:? WTF.  It really sucks that there are some people in this hobby who have nothing better to do than fuck with someone out of spite and jealousy.  :x

I wonder if it isn't more like a teenager yelling "fuck you" from a passing car... I doubt there is any back-stabbing conspiracy against CPUWIZ.

From what I've seen, most everyone here likes him. I don't know why this or stupid kiddy posters would make him want to leave.

-Bry

I actually received this same exact email recently. While it's possible that someone reported you (which wouldn't terribly surprise me given past and recent history), it's more likely that eBay finally wrote a script to go look through all the "About Me" pages to look for links to external sites. Would be trivial for them to do. Any pages with links are probably then flagged to be looked at by a human, who then makes a determination if the link violates eBay's policies. It seems if you sell anything on the page linked to, that violates eBay's policy.

eBay has so many "policies", it's hard to do business on there without violating something. Hell, they tried to stop me from selling Skeleton+ because they said it violated their "Unauthorized Copies" policy. This happened three times, and not until Eric Ball (the game's author) sent them a letter did they finally admit they made a mistake. Not being satisfied, they then told me the auction violated their external links policy, because there is a link to AtariAge.com (not even to the store!) within the auction. They are worse than a government bureaucracy.

..Al

They are worse than a government bureaucracy.

Thank you for your interest and participation in eBay. Unfortunately, it was brought to our attention that you have made disparaging remarks about us elsewhere on the Internet in violation of our User Guidelines.

-Bry

They are worse than a government bureaucracy.

Thank you for your interest and participation in eBay. Unfortunately, it was brought to our attention that you have made disparaging remarks about us elsewhere on the Internet in violation of our User Guidelines.

If you dig around deeply enough on the eBay site, you'll probably find just such a policy. :)

..Al

-Bry

That's funny yet sad at the same time. It really is almost that bad. :|

Didn't the same thing happen to povlok1 recently? I recall something similar may of been from his auctions having pics of his basement in them or something. But now he no longer has a ME page either.. :ponder:

I don't think this was someone here, although that is possible too. Honestly I think ebay is just cracking down on things a little more of late. It does suck thou, :(

Maybe this just means you nned to spend a little more time on your website, add a few more pages, make the inventory less noticeable from the start.. :P Throw up some collection pages, more pics of stuff, a little nonsense, and whatnot. Then they have to allow it. Would just be another link from your site, not like a direct link to a sell page.. Just a thought. ;)

Don't be so quick to blame people from this site, or any site for that matter - you have no basis to do that. You stormed out of the DP forums some time ago after making similar accusations there. Just change the page and get on with enjoying the hobby.

*sigh*

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I have little tolerance for people who get so offended over stuff like this. Shit happens, okay? Just pick yourself up, make a few changes, and keep going. If you're seriously calling it quits because of this inane matter, then I will lose all respect I had for you, and that's a promise.

This is really unfortunate :|

And I sure hope it wasn't anyone from here. I really can't stand people that are all nice in your face and then turn around and stab you in the back. And if they are here and reading this, they should leave and go rot in hell. :|

Don't be so quick to blame people from this site, or any site for that matter - you have no basis to do that. You stormed out of the DP forums some time ago after making similar accusations there. Just change the page and get on with enjoying the hobby.

i Agree!

CPUWIZ just move on with life! i don't see it being a huge deal..

Rick

i Agree!

Rick

Rick, you out of all people should know that my "me not being around for much longer" comment has absolutely nothing to do with this clown that has nothing better to do then to report AA members auctions. :?

i Agree!

Rick

Rick, you out of all people should know that my "me not being around for much longer" comment has absolutely nothing to do with this clown that has nothing better to do then to report AA members auctions. :?

my comment had nothing to do about you saying you are leaving! i just don't see why you are getting all upset because of the about me page, after all who here even looks at these pages? i sure as hell i don't! (and not going to start anytime soon!!) :P

Rick

Well I will chime in with my 2 cents.

Ebay needs to lay off experienced sellers like CPU.

They should be cracking down on morons that sell Combat cares as "ultra rare" or folks that sell roms on CDs or any other illegal shit.

It seems as if Ebay's gone to the dogs. The idiots are winning..obviously. :roll: They should pull those godawful TV ads as well.

my comment had nothing to do about you saying you are leaving! i just don't see why you are getting all upset because of the about me page, after all who here even looks at these pages? i sure as hell i don't! (and not going to start anytime soon!!)  :P  

Rick

Well you did quote the silly comment about the "storming out of DP", which also had nothing to do with eBay in the first place. In fact the people who run DP & CGE are my friends. It's the hateful posters that drove me away from that forum. :P

I don't give two shits about the ME page, in fact if angusjake had checked the page he wouldn't even have had to post that comment because I edited the page before even making my first post. :lol:

This is about targeting people who are AA members, everyone and their f*cking grandma lists repros and protos on eBay but if they happen to be known AA members, they get cancelled. Gosh, I wonder why. :ponder:

:mad: :arrow: :lol: