IGNORED

What games would you like to see a Homebrew Sequel too.

Joel D. Park

I'd love to see

1. Midnight Magic Two

2. Haunted House Two (redesign the sprites/characters up, change the rooms a little)

3. Another hockey game (if they can do it with Double Dunk, why not take Activision's classic hockey, make the players smaller, flicker a little if need be, speed the game up a bit)

4. Vanguard 2

Come to think of it, some of the parts of the games from "The Price Is Right" TV show could work well on Atari 2600. The opening screen (or first level) would be an excited contestant running past other contestants, cameras, production assistants, etc. to the bottom of the screen or "stage"--sorta like the Journey game. The big wheel could be done, and maybe that game where you drop the poker chip down the board with the big rods on it or maybe that game where you have to putt for prizes would work too. Or that rangefinder game with the submarine-sound in it where the red range moves up the scale. What do you think?

My choices...

- Adventure 2 (I spent many, many hours playing Indenture) - it could be huge in a 16k cart!

- Pac-Man Plus

- Donkey Kong 3

And as for a non-sequel game but something that would be nice...

- I, Robot (really! there couldn't be perspective changes, but the platform game could survive intact)

Surprise! There was a company working on The Price is Right for the 2600! They were called The Great Game Company, and they were working on various 2600 games based on game shows (for example, Jeopardy and Family Feud). I haven't a clue how they expected to make Jeopardy work on the 2600... but apparently neither did they, because they went tits up before releasing anything.

--Zero

hmm...good topic!

I would like to see the following:

1. Adventure 2 (3rd vote for this now)

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Starmaster 2

4. Pitfall 3 (Not sure on story)

5. Another Imagic type game?

Those are what I can think of right off hand.

I'd like to see Arkanoid-esque remakes of Super Breakout and Warlords.. those would be pretty cool.

I'm really looking forward to Venture 2. I take it there won't be a Colecovision version of that coming out.

I'd really, really like to see a LadyBug 2 for the Colecovision.

Well, I wanted "Venture II," so I went and made one.

Add yet another vote for Adventure 2. Someone really should cobble this together. As I recall, we discussed this proposed game on this board (graphic elements and gameplay we'd like to see). Alex or Albert, is that thread available somewhere? Anyone want to make a stab at it? I offer my help on such an endevour.

I'd also like to see:

* Haunted House 2 (bigger mansion, more items, more atmos-FEAR)

* Super Pac-man (Another vote for this favorite)

* DragonStomper II (I love this game and a sequel would rock)

* Miner 2049er III (Played the heck out of the first two growing up)

* Pitfall III (Notice how the great games already had a sequel?)

Great topic for a thread!

"Your Friendly Neighborhood Snider-man!"

Hey! Wasn't there a listing of the code for Adventure somewhere on the internet that had comments for everything???

There was a time when I could decompile and recompile some Atari games with DASM. I'd love to check out Adventure some time and see if there was anything I could do with it.

Thanks,

Joel D. Park

Well the votes are in so far and here are the top Three most wanted Homebrews. Drumroll please:

3)Pitfall 3(5 votes)

2)Super Pacman (6 votes)

1)Adventure 2 (8 votes)

(Haunted house 2 deserves a note here as well with four votes)