IGNORED

How many carts do you own?

weezle

I currently have 109 unique NTSC Carts. Been slowly collecting for over a year. My short term goal is to collect all the Rarity 1's and 2's (as of today, that's 193 carts). I have a long way to go yet..... :roll:

I've built an Access Database to catalog them all. It's fun to go through and record the label condition, rarity, etc. It's a great hobby.

Now if only I had the time to play those games.... :)

Jerry

After a frustrating evening trying to do a database, heres the best I can figure...

In my collection:

Atari 2600: (obviously with some dupes-all variants ie; silver label Gravitar, Gatefolds, etc)

Boxed titles: 320

Loose titles: 225

145 of those are boxed Atari proper, rest are mix of brands

In total, I have 1188 carts, 653 are boxed for 40 different platforms. Rest are loose and about half (little less) have manuals.

I have an additional 120+ in my trade bait pile. I am not counting those, as they are all dupes without some variation :)

Cassidy

..... you guys own a lot of games. I own 24 and I think 5 of them do not work anymore. I don't know about everyone else but as a kid I remember that those games were expensive.... well from a little kid's perspective. I would have been so grateful to own over a hundred.

I have 201, including label variations and my MagiCard repro.

Do you guys count the different letter case combinations of Missile Command as variations (as I do) or duplicates? If that's the case, I have 199 (3 Missile Commands with different letter case combinations).

Up to 125 unique as of right now. But there are a few in transit and one waiting at home. Im working on the complete activision set, US Games and CBS to startwith because CBS is a small set, Activision has my favorite games and US has my favorite cart/lables. Then Im going to work on all the 1's and 2's.

Right now Im working on a mySQL database for them. Just about finished with a list of all the released titles. Next Im going to work on adding various columns for differant information. Rarity, label condition, manual, etc... Im going to work up a java based webpage to interact with the DB so I can pull it up while surfing EBAY and maybe set it up on a pocket pc? in the future for flea markets.

Im also working on "secret" project for my 2600 collection that I will be sure to post pictures of when Im finished. :ponder:

Not as many as most of you but this collection started 3 weeks ago with 13 thrift store commons :roll:

2600: 35

7800: 11

I have a heavy sixer from eBay on its way along with about 40 more games :P

I also came up with the perfect solution to house it all....

AMMO CANS 8)

My Atari is now safe through flood or fire :D

post-5085-1082010161_thumb.jpg

post-5085-1082010162_thumb.jpg

post-5085-1082010163_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
The Good: For the Atari 2600 I own 252 carts. NO DUPES!!!

The Bad: Finding carts to fill holes in my collection is going to be tough!!

The ugly: Once you pass 200 it gets extremely costly :(

Steve

Yeah I hear that. What do you collect loose or boxed? Anyway nice collection at 252.

I have recently sold all my ntsc carts away and is left with 212 pal carts. I realized that i cant possibly own every cart ever made, so i nearowd it down to pal. What im looking for right now is carrere video carts for a reasonable price (found one so far :) )

Just got throught cracking my fingers here.

Atari 2600- 74 boxed ( no dupes) most are pretty rare. :)

137 loose carts (no dupes) Very rare ones sold in January :(

331 PCB's w/prom chips without casing (I count these as games cause they work)

Atari 5200- 37 All are boxed :)