IGNORED

WTB Gray PS for heavy sixer

Stingray

i'm sure someone will post a picture of the original PS. but i don't think it is the one you posted. it is all gray except the atari logo itself which is black (yours is a white logo on a black box background). if anyone has a link to one of dustin's auctions for an original heavy-sixer, i think it has a description of the different power supplies.

it didn't take long to find that photo from an ebay auction. it was quicker than trying to dig one out and taking a photo of my own.

to be honest, i don't know what variety of power supplies were packed with heavy sixers. according to dustin, the mostly gray one is the version that was shipped with the FIRST heavy sixers. just like the joysticks with no "TOP" and with the hex plates (and skinny cords) were the very first joysticks. but i suppose plenty of heavy sixers AFTER the first run had plenty of variety with the pack-in contents...power supply, joysticks, paddles, RF switch, etc.

Well...my Brother in Law gave me his original 77' Sears Heavy sixer. however, he didn't have the original spring loaded sticks anymore since he had broken them long ago and didn't keep them. But the power supply is still original. And it is just like the one first posted. White logo on black square background. I don't have the box of when he bought it as being he was much younger at the time, they didn't keep that stuff either. But the unit was bought in '77 and that is the PS that it came with. So it could be that the Sears units came with the newer model PS?

Any thoughts, because until that last pic, I didn't know there were any other Grey type PS.

Enlightning...

8)

here is a current listing by dustin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8100867069

you can see in his description what he says about the grey power supplies:

The Heavy Sixer power supply is grey with a solid black Atari logo and was made in either Sunnyvale (Atari's home) or Los Gatos, California, as stated on the wall side of the plug. This is not to be confused with the Japanese grey power supply with a silver Atari logo over a black back ground (see picture). The wire for the Japanese power supply is red and black. The most common power supply you will see is all black, but the original power supply was grey.

probably the very first batch of heavy sixers had all the same components. but who knows what was packed in after that.

• 17 years later...