IGNORED

City of Heroes - anyone beta-ing it right now?

Sauron works for the company that makes that game, so he's been playing it quite a bit.  :)

Ssshhhh!!!!! You're not supposed to tell anyone! :D

I've been playing both City of Heroes and Lineage 2. While I like both of them, City of Heroes has me totally hooked. curtishart, what characters do you have and on what servers? I have about 4 characters on Prime and 1 on Pinnacle, which is the one I've been playing on the most lately. If you're on, look for Mace Walker (level 12 Tanker) on Prime or The Jesus Lizard (level 8 Defender) on Pinnacle. 8)

Anyone who's read a comic in the last, I don't know, forty years will tell you that superheroes sans villains is a goddamn mess.

The City of Villains expansion will take care of that easily. Not that it's been much of a problem so far...

Sauron works for the company that makes that game, so he's been playing it quite a bit.  :)

Ssshhhh!!!!! You're not supposed to tell anyone! :D

I've been playing both City of Heroes and Lineage 2. While I like both of them, City of Heroes has me totally hooked. curtishart, what characters do you have and on what servers? I have about 4 characters on Prime and 1 on Pinnacle, which is the one I've been playing on the most lately. If you're on, look for Mace Walker (level 12 Tanker) on Prime or The Jesus Lizard (level 8 Defender) on Pinnacle. 8)

Yea, mostly creating characters and leveling to about 5 just to see all the functionality so far. I have a Natural Scrapper called Capt. Japan, a Science Controller called Dr. Mind Job (I swaer I'm the only character in tights 8) ) on Prime and on Pinnacle I have a Mutant Tanker called Urth.

Loving the game so far.

How do you get a beta liscense?

If you pre-order the game at Best Buy ($10) you get a Beta license. (Plus you get $10 off the full version when it's released) but the beta is supposed to end at the end of this month, so I don't know if it's worth it or not this late in the game (no pun intended :D ) However, for $10 it's a great way to preview a game before shelling out $50 for the game plus whatever it'll cost for the subscription fees.

Howver, I'm sold.

I have a question regarding city of heroes. Is it possible for someone to create their own character by using their own art? By that I mean if someone wanted to spend the time to recreate Batman or Superman or any other well known comic book superhero, would that be possible or are players limited to what options are offered?

Two things about that:

1) No one can upload custom artwork (Can you imagine 1000's of people doing so then you'd have to dl those extra artworks before you can play each time?

2) Copywrited characters are off limits. If you create one, sooner or later the admins will send you a "This character is too close to XXX superhero, please delete your character or be banned" email.

That being said, there is a large db for creating custom looks and I don't think I've seen two characters similar yet.