IGNORED

CC2 Menu generate in Java

Mot

I created the menu generate in Java at here:

http://www.geocities.com/mot505/CC2MenuGen.html

Things to note:

1. CRC 32 is not the same in the CC2ROMDB.TXT compared to the CRC in the winzip util. So I could not use the built in java code to compute.

2. There are 2 different entries for Asteroids in the CC2ROMDB.TXT and this program will report one more rom file then it actually got. I can't believe that there are two roms.

3. And of course: use at your own risk.

If someone can run this on a MAC, that would be nice.

2. There are 2 different entries for Asteroids in the CC2ROMDB.TXT and this program will report one more rom file then it actually got.  I can't believe that there are two roms.

Huh? But there really are two different versions of Asteroids. One with the copyright at startup, and one without.

If some CC2s would get assembled and shipped, maybe more people could try it out. (Yeah, I know, we're waiting on the board assembly place right now, and they're busy.)

If some CC2s would get assembled and shipped, maybe more people could try it out. (Yeah, I know, we're waiting on the board assembly place right now, and they're busy.)

Well anyone can create a MMC card or the file structure on your computer to get ready for the CC2. I was thinking ppl could try making these now, instead of waiting last minute that way we will know the problems sooner.

2. There are 2 different entries for Asteroids in the CC2ROMDB.TXT and this program will report one more rom file then it actually got.  I can't believe that there are two roms.

Huh? But there really are two different versions of Asteroids. One with the copyright at startup, and one without.

Yes, but I don't know English! What I wanted to say was:

CC2ROMDB.TXT has both versions of 2600 Asteroid ROMs going to the same output name "ASTEROID.BIN" and when you have both versions in the input area, the program will get to the second one and then over write the first's ASTEROID.BIN file with the seconds information and think it has two rom's instead of just one.

A solution would be to change the CC2ROMDB.TXT and have one go to ASTEROID.BIN and the other go to ASTERDCR.BIN or I can change my program to just output one.

• 15 years later...