IGNORED

Favorite item in your collection?

Ze_ro

Seeing as so many of you have such huge collections, I have to ask... what is the one thing in your collection that you are most proud about?

For me, I'm not completely sure. One of my favorite games in my collection has to be Airlock though. It may sound stupid, but here's why: About a year or so ago, before I got into collecting, I was into emulation (still am to a degree). When I turned my head towards Atari emulation, I downloaded a heap of games, and started trying them out. Since I did things in alphabetical order, one of the first games I tried was Airlock. It was pretty crappy, but it was one of those games that struck me as being unusual, and one that I was unlikely to ever find (Similar to the feeling I get when I play strange pirate games, or games with long German names).

Of course, I was pretty wrong about it being unusual... Compared to some of what is out there, it's downright common. However, it's one of the first games that I saw that made me think "Wow, I wonder if I'll *ever* find this game!" I play it fairly often actually, despite the fact that the game itself really isn't all that great.

I have similar feelings towards my Supercharger (My first thought when I found out that such a thing existed was "Man! That's *such* a cool idea!"), even though it's not really all that rare either. In fact, the only really rare thing I have in my whole collection is probably the Catbox I have for my Jaguar.

--Zero

Well, as of yesterday, I not only got my first Atari 2600 of my own (for my birthday, no less), but also several gajillion games, including Sneak 'n Peek.

The reason this was so revelatory is, when I was five and younger I lived with my parents, who had an Atari. And I've always -- no joke -- had a fear of the song "Camptown Races" because of how frightening Sneak 'n Peek was. And I'd tell people that I could distinctly remember we'd had this Hide and Seek Atari game that scared the junk out of me when I was much younger, and that the game played "Camptown Races" in the background.

So, up till yesterday, I didn't know what that game was called. So now I know (and I can face my childhood trauma head-on). But that's really why the game is so special to me.

I would have to say my 2600 system still unused and mint in the box. How do I know this?, because I received two of them for my 11th birthday party and had put this one away to have as a back up if my other one ever failed, but with time I forgot about it until last year when I was moving into my new house and found it down in my basement on a shelf.

My favorite item in my collectionis my Atari 400/800 Last Starfighter prototype. It's my favorite because:

1. I always wanted one

2. I got it for a steal

3. It's a great game

4. It's the only one known to exist in cartridge format

5. It's The Last Starfighter, how can you not like it???

Tempest

My favorite item isn't a game at all.

It's my Atari 2800 Super Breakout manual.

I think I told this somewhere else, but I got it in a pile of manuals that were $.25 each. I told the guy selling it what it was and I could see him visibly pale at the thought of what he could have gotten for it.

My River Patrol (my only rarity 10) is also quite nice.

i'd say a few things ... can't decide for one....

first of all my brasilian carts. i reduced to one cart per company, sometimes the variations

check pict 1 and pict 2 (sorry for medium pict quality, the cam is rubbish). let me know if you can help me fill the holes and have braz-carts to trade.

then comes my boxed new romcharger. it just looks great. allready the packaging looks really really cool. i just love it!

My hiscore Cartridge (7800) is also very nice, beeing signed by curt vendell.

Same goes for my numbered crazy vallet i got from brian, and also my data age proto of frankenstein (no. 0026)

And my boxed sears heavysixer is a real nice item too. the console with the game center underneath is also very beautifull. i think the woodgrain part on the sears heavysixer is much more stylish than on the atari, where it looks just classic.

my DC atariforce collection of 20 editions plus the special edition signed by the inker in 1986. that is rounded up with a full set of the dutch double editions and the "Omnibus", that contains all 20 releases in one book!

Also i got from twit that other AF special release, the The New Teen Titans, Volume 4 No. 27, from January 1983, published by DC. It has a 16 page preview of Atari Force.

hopefully i can get my hands soon on the french version of the omnibus. (are there any other known items related to the AtariForce?)

my activision patches and letters ...

Of course the Mystique games and their incredible packaging ...

Le Stick, an incredible joystick (have a boxed one for sale/trade) ...

The VidKid's book of Home video games, what an incredible cover ....

My "hear the story-read the book"-set for yars revenge, this one is with a tape, not a record, the only tape-set i've ever seen ...

(is there any other having one? which ones did they do on tape?)

so much too mention ... too hard to decide for one.

my favorite item that i don't have is absolutely clear: it's the polyvox case with the built-in console, this is just amazing.

i have that plastic case from atari, but still it's nothing against this incredible case

ok, enough braggin ... but it would be nice to get a few of my questions solved ...

greetings

fish

My favorite item isn't rare at all : it's Star Raiders with the Video Touch Pad.

I love this game and when I had my first Star Raiders package for christmas (I've sold my VCS and cartridges to by the coleco.... youth's mistake).

I found the video touch pad with the overlay turn the VCS into a starship control board : amazing !!!!!!!

That let me think I haven't the comic book yet.

If someone want to sell me one please contact me

My personal favorite (like I haven't flogged this one to death already ;-) is my Surf's Up prototype I bought (unsuspecting) for $3.33. No, I'm not going to sell it; I intend to get as much gloat mileage out of it as I can. I've also got Swordquest Waterworld, Kid Vid Smurfs with the tapes, and Quest For Quintana Roo (Sunrise), but they're not Surf's Up.

HEAVY***6***er

Although it is not very rare, the pride of my collection is Jr Pac-Man. I absolutely love this game. It is also the first game I ever bought with my own money way back in 1986. Even now when I take this game out, I have to play it all night until I can get to the final maze.

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

And my boxed sears heavysixer is a real nice item too. the console with the game center underneath is also very beautifull. i think the woodgrain part on the sears heavysixer is much more stylish than on the atari, where it looks just classic.

You're welcome

quote:

My "hear the story-read the book"-set for yars revenge, this one is with a tape, not a record, the only tape-set i've ever seen ...

(is there any other having one? which ones did they do on tape?)

Yeah, as far as I've seen, all of them came as both cassette tapes and records. (I had all of them in the past, except for the tape version of Yars' Revenge, but traded them away some time ago).

If I come across any more, I'll grab them "just in case."

Good Topic, but a tough question..

I gotta love my Crazy Climber cart, with manual. The game is cool, and the cart pic is even cooler.

Also, I really love my Tax Avoiders cart in box, I think it's just hillarious.

Finally, I really dig the Taiwan imported atari games, the bad english on the back of the boxes make them totally cool. http://www.atari2600.net/aspTaiwan.asp

I have to say my favorite item is my regular atari 2600. Yes plain old atari system, no box and it isnt even in that good of shape. It does work however and lets me play all the games I loved so much as a kid. This gives it value that cannot have a price placed on it..

My favorite item isn't a game. It's my international game manuals for Mario Bros. and Super Breakout. The reason I like these so much is because I think the different languages are neat, and they got me extra credit in French class.

lol thats so true foreign language teachers love thsoe types of games i did that last year with my spanish teachers i brought in some polyvox carts and my datcar. now if you can program a game in spanish you knwo youd really impress the tecaher ( french and computer teachers)