IGNORED

starwars recoded by zeppelin?

Heaven/TQA

Well,

I think in the late 80`s the original Starwars Cartridge by Parker Bros. was not available anymore. So Domark did a remake - in my eyes a stupid and extremely slow remake. Luckily I have the original Parker Bros. cartridge which is much better... I guess that the Domark (and thus also the Zeppelin version) uses a higher graphics resolution and thats why their remake is so slow... -Andreas Magenheimer.

Why is the sit "deceiving" ?  

Games means games ! ;-)

When I went to the games page the break between British and American was right as the bottom of my browser - I didnt realize there was more to the bottom of the page. Maybe add the flags across the top with links to the various sections.

My bad.

Personally, I always thought the 2600 and 8-bit Parker Bros. versions of StarWars arcade sucked. When I found the Zepplin version a couple of years ago my faith was restored in a good home version of the game. I feel the Zepplin version is a MUCH closer tranlation and I actually thought it was faster? It's been a while since I played it though, and years since I played the PB version...but I feel the Zepplin version makes up for the joke that is PB's Star Wars, a perfect example in my book of the type of games that caused the video game crash, especially PB carts for the 8-bit that were hardly better than the 2600 versions. :roll:

Er well,

you may have not seen the follow-ups, like the (unofficial) "Empire strikes back" (a clone of Jeff Minters Attack of the Mutant Camels) and "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi". These Starwars versions do really suck !! Compared to them, "Starwars - the arcade game" is really good.

But I have to say, that I did not play the Domark/Zeppelin version for quite a while. But as far as I remember, it was much slower than the PB version... -Andreas.