IGNORED

what company do you think should make a game console?

A few years ago I would have jumped up and shouted Konami! or Capcom! Both are successful, established names with huge libraries and talented development teams that could churn out excellent first party titles.

Capcom, however, has gotten stale with the over-saturation of Mega Man titles and hasn't added any innovation to the Street Fighter franchise in years. I'm also not a big Resident Evil fan.

Konami hasn't done much of anything stellar lately with the exception of Metal Gear Solid and that's not enough to launch a console with. Unless they were to launch a home system based on the Bemani games - THAT could be interesting, but would certainly be limited.

Still , these would be my top two contenders, although the ideal time to enter the market was long ago.

Well besides SEGA i would like to see Namco make a console. Why? Because everyone loves Namco. Right? They already got the best mascot.

I liked the idea of the gPod. Lets change it a lil. How bout a AtariPod with a small 8mb flash card to hold all your roms. I really don't want to see another 2600 portable playing the original carts.

Capcom, however, has gotten stale with the over-saturation of Mega Man titles and hasn't added any innovation to the Street Fighter franchise in years. I'm also not a big Resident Evil fan.

Viewtiful Joe was good. However, you're right; Capcom has done very little to bring their established franchises into the 21st century. Is it too much to ask for a Mega Man game that looks like Halo?

The Apple PiPPiN was sadly 5 years ahead of its time. It was to be online, based on an OS, had a HD and even a Floppy add-on. It is sort of like the Xbox is now. But of course, lack of support and it just being too different and early killed it too soon.

Wish I had one. They look so cool and neat. There's a TRACK BALL in the controller instead of a D-pad.

The Apple PiPPiN was sadly 5 years ahead of its time. It was to be online, based on an OS, had a HD and even a Floppy add-on. It is sort of like the Xbox is now. But of course, lack of support and it just being too different and early killed it too soon.

Wish I had one. They look so cool and neat. There's a TRACK BALL in the controller instead of a D-pad.

I was really looking forward to this one, I thought it was a cool name for a console, loved the look of the boomerang controller, I wish I had one as well :love:

KOEI. I would LOVE a console for the gamer who wants more than just button mashing and flashy graphics. The system would sell well within the intellectual community, and even to schools.. hell, a new version of Liberty or Death would be the "new" oregon trail in jr. highs everywhere!

(well, i guess it WOULD play the dynasty warriors games and i love those but still)...

My idea of a perfect system requires many things to happen first:

1. EA Games, Logitech, Dell, and eVGA merge into one company ( EA makes the games, Logitech makes the peripherals/controllers,eVGA takes the job of creating state of the art graphics system, and Dell makes the hardware as well as handle customer service)

2. They buy up all the liscenses they can get. Sign all thrid party developers possible. Once this is done, design of the system follows

3. The new company sticks with their liscences and takes their time making a new system. Once the system is completed they start making games that are based around the technology that is a final version, not a preliminary version of the system that the software developers are given to start making a game on.

The system must have these features:

1. Composite, S-Video, and RCA connections all built in standard.

2. Wireless controllers that recharge when plugged back into the system

3. Must have a 40 GB hard drive

4. Online capabilities along with built in web browser. The company making the system should release programs made for the system as new online features to be added to the hard drive (i.e. AOL Instant messanger)

5. Games should be on DVD format (like many modern systems)

6. Ability to handle all kinds of media (movies, audio, pictures ect.)

7. Great first party games

8. Great third party games

My idea of a launch title (this was thought up by a friend):

A game kind of like the Sims in which you would have to take care of yourself and you can buy things for your house and stuff. The only different thing is, you only control one character and you have direct control over them all the time. Also, you live on one planet and can go anywhere you want. You can do anything you want as well. If you want to go onto a golf course and steal golf balls you can! If you want to learn how to fly a plane you can! :D I think that would be the best game ever!

Who should build a console next Too many choices

Namco: Hey they evoled games so many times why not evolve the way we play games.

SEGA: Really like them back doing this

Atari: Same as SEGA

IBM: Hey if Apple and Microsoft could do it why not IBM

Sqare Enix: Console of the Great RPG's, and anyone would buy Square stuff these days.

Dell, Compaq, Gateway and any other PC manufacter: Same as IBM

Konami, Capcom, Taito, Activision: Same as Namco

thanks for your time.

KOEI. I would LOVE a console for the gamer who wants more than just button mashing and flashy graphics. The system would sell well within the intellectual community, and even to schools.. hell, a new version of Liberty or Death would be the "new" oregon trail in jr. highs everywhere!

(well, i guess it WOULD play the dynasty warriors games and i love those but still)...

Believe it or not, they actually DID release a small Gameboy-type of handheld system. I believe only 1 game was released for it and that was a variant of GO (or Shogi, I think). Grayscale screen too. http://nfg.2y.net/games/PasoGo/

Hi there!

My idea of a perfect system requires many things to happen first:

1. EA Games, Logitech,  Dell, and eVGA merge into one company ( EA makes the games, Logitech makes the peripherals/controllers,eVGA takes the job of creating state of the art graphics system,  and Dell makes the hardware as well as handle customer service)

2. They buy up all the liscenses they can get. Sign all thrid party developers possible. Once this is done, design of the system follows

3. The new company sticks with their liscences and takes their time making a new system. Once the system is completed they start making games that are based around the technology that is a final version,  not a preliminary version of the system that the software developers are given to start making a game on.

The system must have these features:

1. Composite, S-Video, and RCA connections all built in standard.  

2. Wireless controllers that recharge when plugged back into the system

3. Must have a 40 GB hard drive

4. Online capabilities along with built in web browser. The company making the system should release programs made for the system as  new  online features to be added to the hard drive (i.e. AOL Instant messanger)

5. Games should be on DVD format (like many modern systems)  

6. Ability to handle all kinds of media (movies, audio, pictures ect.)

7. Great first party games

8. Great third party games

My idea of a launch title (this was thought up by a friend):

A game kind of like the Sims in which you would have to take care of yourself and you can buy things for your house and stuff. The only different thing is, you only control one character and you have direct control over them all the time. Also, you live on one planet and can go anywhere you want. You can do anything you want as well. If you want to go onto a golf course and steal golf balls you can! If you want to learn how to fly a plane you can!  :D  I think that would be the best game ever!

So more or less you want a remake of the 3DO desaster? :twisted:

Greetings,

Manuel

i heard gateway is selling out because of the competition. well i heard it from my mom so i dont know if its true. midway and activision would be good since they were in the business for good long time. i would like tiger electronics to make one but stick to it. i have a game.com and i liked the touch screen thing and the whole talking thing and it came with a calendar and address book. i think it would be cool if they did that to a game console. make it have a calendar, address book, calculator, and etc. if they do i just hope they do a good job.

Fairchild Semiconductor. :)

As long as it still has those sweet controllers . . . I could overlook the new 3D graphics . . .

And what about Sammy? They have strong ties to both Sega and SNK now, quality arcade hardware . . . Of course, if they did, the US would almost certainly never get it.