IGNORED

Complete List of Post-Jaguar releases?

JagMX

Oh yeah, don't forget that copy of SoulStar floating around on eBay... Also, one of the minds behind Thea Realm Fighters said that it was 95% complete... Should we be expecting that anytime soon?

We can't really include that in Post Jag releases becuase it's not being released officially by anyone, it's just pirate copies being distributed amongst Jaguar "buddies" or pay $50 for an illegal copy off E-bay. While I'm sure it won't be long now before most Jag fans find themselves holding a pirate copy, it can go on a list of post releases.

Oh yeah, don't forget that copy of SoulStar floating around on eBay... Also, one of the minds behind Thea Realm Fighters said that it was 95% complete... Should we be expecting that anytime soon?

We can't really include that in Post Jag releases becuase it's not being released officially by anyone, it's just pirate copies being distributed amongst Jaguar "buddies" or pay $50 for an illegal copy off E-bay. While I'm sure it won't be long now before most Jag fans find themselves holding a pirate copy, it can go on a list of post releases.

This lack of an edit button really is a pain in the ass sometimes...I meant "it can NOT go on a list of post-Jag releases.

The Team 13 joystick (which was more than just a joystick "taped" to the controller thank-you-very-much) was something that was officially released hardware wise. That was a release that if you don't have one, you made fun of them but if you bought one, everyone was really impressed with what they did. I still stand behind that as a decent first-effort in the realm of Jaguar support, even if no one else does.

I would also include these other Jaguar hardware releases:

Jaguar JAMMA Joystick

Jaguar JAMMA Joystick LX

Jaguar Rapid Fire Controller

And as an aside, the BlackHawk Joystick was developed by a group that called themselves VD3D I believe and was "licensed" to Dark Knight Games. Depending on your source, Dark Knight Games shipped about 10-20 of these to people who had bought them and then heard about the problems with them (they only work on certain types of Jaguar systems) so they halted production or they stopped production during the testing phaze because of the fact that they didn't all work (remember -- not all Jaguar's contain the analog interperter chip!) and the ones that have popped up on eBay in the past few years were from the playtesters.

Since I count released as something that is actually available to purchase by someone for a period of time, I wouldn't count these as an "official" post-mortem release. They didn't even send out the sticks to everyone on the preorder list!

This lack of an edit button really is a pain in the ass sometimes...I meant "it can NOT go on a list of post-Jag releases.

Why not just include a section for pirated releases?

Rawr! No edit button! :x

I think a section for pirated/illegal games would be nice because not only would it allow for inclusion of all titles, but it may also discourage the trading of pirated games and would allow people to have a list to go by so they can know what is real and what is fake.

Is anyone compiling this list of hardware/games? I'd love to compile it. I could toss it up on my website as well with a form to allow people to submit changes. What do you think? Or, changes could be submitted here. Either way, and even if someone else does it, it'd be nice to see a completed list.