IGNORED

Greatest American Hero game?

dr. kwack

Did Activision ever license anything besides Ghostbusters, anyway?

They never even did many arcade ports . . .

So, yeah, this shirt has no basis in 2600 reality.

Besides, wasn't it a CBS show? They'd own the rights to it in that case, and they never made a game based on any of their TV properties. Of course, I think they were running mainly sitcoms at the time.

nope there was something to the activision / GAH connection, behold this activision club newsletter, oddly it doesnt say anything about a game, just the pic. heck they didnt even include a head shot of the GAH, must have been a tenative thing, did that show even last 2 seasons?

http://www.atariage.com/magazines/magazine...1&CurrentPage=2

wonder if theres a proto out there somewhere?

Greetings

Check this out:

http://www.beatthechamp.com

Then click on GALLERY then click on TODDS CLOSET

http://tomheroes.com/retrotimes_80b.htm#“A...%20the%20Champ”

Another look of me in those early days with that shirt. Activision was promoting an individual who won the contest to appear on that TV show but no game was ever made off of the show.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

Another look of me in those early days with that shirt. Activision was promoting an individual who won the contest to appear on that TV show but no game was ever made off of the show.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

So did the contest actually finish before the show was cancelled?

And just a thought: Had H.E.R.O. been released yet? Perhaps they might have considered hacking it into a GAH game, or also it might have been started as one, but then the show tanked, and it was changed to something generic.

And I remember loving that show as a kid . . . Surprised it hasn't gotten the campy movie remake treatment.

I used to love the show. What's not to love about some bumbling nobody who gets an alien superhero suit that gives him super powers that he never quite gets the hang of? It was like Superman, but without the coordination, confidence or heroism. :-)

It ranked right up there with Automan. :-)

• Haha 1

I loved that show too, although it disappointed me too. I think it was an ABC show, and I think CBS was running the Dukes of Hazzard spinoff "Enos" against it at the Wednesday night timeslot. IIRC, that is.

The pilot really got me hooked. THen each show after that, he started getting new powers like invisibility, but he could never control them because he LOST THE MANUAL! heh.

I'd like to make a homebrew on 5200 of this game .. any chance I'd get sued? (don't get yer hopes up, probably won't happen due to time!).

I used to love the show.  What's not to love about some bumbling nobody who gets an alien superhero suit that gives him super powers that he never quite gets the hang of?  It was like Superman, but without the coordination, confidence or heroism.  :-)

It ranked right up there with Automan.  :-)

Unfortunately, demographics appear to be one of the last considerations to the suits. They are interested in ratings. Amidst the characters whose names suddenly change and impending lawsuits over copyrighted characters' attributes, the writing for the show was surprisingly good (IIRC, the "arms for money" episode was a contender for serious drama). But the public was more interested in the Love Boats and such :roll:

AFAIK, the show's producers decided to hold their breath and disappear rather than challenge the impossible.

Automan was a complete rip-off...hardly worth being mentioned in the same light :P

William Culp was great in it as the Federal Agent who knew about Ralph Hinkley (oops, Hanley)'s suit. At the end of each episode, he was often all shot up, bandaged up, on crutches, etc. Just part of day's work for him. :D

The 'kids' that Ralph taught were dull and annoying to me back then. But maybe the main girl was hot and I was too young to catch it, who knows.

Anyone remember the episode where Ralpha kept going into some other dimension, fighting some kind of dragon or devil beast? That was trippy!

I still remember the announcer on the commercials... "it's going to take the Greatest American Hero!"