IGNORED

Greatest American Hero game?

dr. kwack

I think I was one of the eight or nine people in the world who actually liked that show.  

-S

I liked the show as well although I think part of the problem that occured with the show was the fact that DC sued saying that there were certain aspects of the character that were too much like Superman. I don't know if the lawsuit got anywhere but I do remember hearing about it.

By the way, here is a link to a site with info on the show:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/3657/

I've still got my T-shirt from the Greatest American Hero- Starmaster contest. I also won an authentic piece of "Skylab" the old space station mounted on a great poster from another Activision Starmaster contest. I may even still have the old entry forms around someplace. :love:

Todd is the only other person I know who has this shirt... but no piece of Skylab. :sad:

Hello All

Ken i have not had the chance to see if i have a Tennis T-Shirt but i do have a bunch of the Activision clothes from back in the early 80s.

David i also have a piece of SkyLab like yourself from that contest it was a fun contest one of the better ones that were being promoteda that time. Thats all for now ill check back later.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

Put me down as a fan for the show as well. Personally, I'm kinda disappointed/surprised Activision(or someone) was not brewing up a game for it.

I remember the baseball and "Devil" episodes as well (Bill Maxwell was posessed). Anyone remember the ep where Ralph meets the "Green Guys" again and gets a second manual- only to shrink himself and lose it again? Ha! That's writing!! Beats the hell out of Reality TV!

Well Ralph did pretty well given the fact that he did not have the manual. I wonder what other powers he might have had if he had not lost the manual. I would have to think that if he can shrink himself, that he could make himself supersized (with an extra order of fries to go please :D )

If they had actually made the game, what do you think would have been the game mechanic. Would Ralph be uncontrollable in the flying sequences? Would you have to use invisibility to get past obstacles at some point? :ponder:

I was thinking the same thing that components of Superman could have used for the game although given the fact that he was had trouble with his flying (he tended to wobble a little bit) along with his other powers, a mere hack would not be enough. It would have to incorporate some of his other powers.

• 19 years later...
On 4/29/2004 at 11:35 AM, Stingray said:

Which of course brings to mind the George Costanza answering machine message: Belive it or not George isn't at home. Leave a message at the beep. Where could I be? Belive it or not, I'm not home.

-S

You forgot the line, I must be out or I'd pick up the phone, before the Where could I be line.

On 5/1/2004 at 10:30 AM, AtariDude said:

Well Ralph did pretty well given the fact that he did not have the manual. I wonder what other powers he might have had if he had not lost the manual. I would have to think that if he can shrink himself, that he could make himself supersized (with an extra order of fries to go please :D )

He eventually found the manual.  I used to love that show too.  Never missed it.  Connie Selleca, as his girlfriend/fiance was nice to look at too.