IGNORED

help think up some new: "Did you know"? sayings fo

scrummy

;)

Did you know?

-The game Air Cars looked like crap

-Waiting for new Jaguar games was usually more fun than playing them

-Skylar's voice in the game Cybermorph made me feel asexual

-The Jaguar racing game Checkered Flag pioneered a new method of steering called "Craptacular" control

-The Jaguar game Club Drive has been compared to an Ed Wood film

Please think of others!, I can't bear to read the current ones much longer.

They don't all have to be negative, but funny is good.

• Like 1

Oh? Is this like "you might be a redneck if..." or wait, you mean on the home page? Ok! Lemme think....

DID YOU KNOW!?!?!?!?

-When Jack Tramiel pinches a penny, Lincoln bleeds!

-Trevor McFur almost single handedly destroyed the Jaguar.

-Speedster II uses all of Jaguar's 64 bit power

did you know that spraying a jaguar base unit grey, it can be used as a really crappy knockoff of a millenium falcon model :)

or a real one

"Jaguar motor cars requseted some sample units of the jag before it was released from atari, but atari refused to simply 'give' them the units"

"Jaguar spelt backwards is raugaj"

"Jaguar motor cars requseted some sample units of the jag before it was released from atari, but atari refused to simply 'give' them the units"

Typical lol, had they given out a few samples, we might have had little lcd displays on the dashboard of every Jaguar by now, for playing Jaguar games while stuck at traffic lights hehe :). Or... put the displays in the back of the headrests, two Jag's in the boot, and networked aircars... no, wait, the kids would rather look out of the window... umm... link the two displays to a single jag and give them some two player brutal sports :D.

Is this true? Do you have anything to substantiate it with? :)

..Al

Damn I am going to have to go and find the damn sorce for that now arn't I :)

hehe.. well nothing like having a good skive on a friday :)

Alright. I respect your opinion. But, this is a Jaguar forum. Your opinion is welcome as long as you provide your opinion in an intelligent manner. You should be able to provide valid reasons for why you have the opinion you do. Otherwise we could care less what your opinion is. Simply coming in here and saying the jag sucks is flaim bait and unwelcome.

Some real ones:

The Atari Jaguar game Defender 2000 has a easter egg that lets you play as Flossie the sheep.

The Atari Jaguar CD unit will also play cd+G Karoake disks.

The Atari Jaguar game Tempest 2000 contains an audio sample from the movie VideoDrome.

The Atari Jaguar Virtual Light Machine will leave you tripping balls.

need more...

btw, this is a lot more fun than trying to come with another $10000 of anime sales by the end of the day. Will this month just be over?

Its true

A copy of the memo is at the old site of www.atarihq.com under  

old site

Jaguar & Lynx

Jaguar & Lynx Museum

Atari Corp Vs Jaguar Cars.

I'd post the scan if i could fiure out how :)

Thanks. That doesn't look like an actual memo (looks like someone transcribed it so it looks nicer than a scan), but that's good enough for me. :)

..Al

Most issues of Jaguar Explorer Online had some bit of Jag trivia at the end--

NTSC Jaguars have red power LEDs; PAL Jaguars have green power LEDs.

Some of the sound effects in Doom and Jag AvP were designed by the same person-- award-winning Hollywood sound designer Mike McDonough. Sound Ideas sells a CD that's all his work. This is a very popular CD... anytime you hear a computer chirp or servo whine on TV, odds are it's from this CD.

The Jaguar's emergency backdoor encryption key code is, in hexadecimal: $03D0DEAD. Yes, this is a reference to then-competitor 3DO.

The only two Jag games with "Super" in the title are also the only two Jag motorcycle racing games.

The Jaguar's cartridge encryption key was created by Dave Staugas razzing into a microphone and then using the sampled audio data as the key. (thanks to Scott Le Grand for this one)

The first videogame to bear the Worms moniker was actually "Worms?", a crude sim-life game published in the 80's by Electronic Arts.

Two of the best arcade shooters on the Jag - Tempest 2000 and Missile Command 3D - are both based on coin-ops created by the same man: David Theurer.