IGNORED

XBOX Saving Question/Problem

Last night my son rented Ninja Gaiden. After he went to sleep I played it up to chapter 4. I really like it. Now here is the question/problem: I like to keep a back up of my games so that my son doesn't accidently overwrite them. I put my MS brand memory card into the controller and accessed the hardrive from the start up screen. When I selected the individual saved game I wanted to copy, it only gave me the option to delete it. The copy option didn't show up. How do I copy the saved game? I don't use the XBOX a lot and I've only ever backed up my Baldur's Gate II games. I noticed some of the other games gave me the option to copy them while a few others didn't. Does anybody know what's going on :?: :?: :?:

Thanks in advance for the help.

what you gotta do is select the smaller circles - Dont select the very first Large pic/circle - just move right and choose whichever one you want to copy and 'copy/delete' will show up :)

hopfully the file isnt too large to copy over and that theres enough space on the Memory Card.

Also....this may sound crazy, but if you are using a controller extension cord, it doesn't save. At least on mine. My TV is FAR from my couch and I use one. I can't save to the memory card unless I disconnect the extension cord.....

JagMX --

Yeah, I thought that was the problem at first, but I am selecting the smaller circle (the one with my particular save) now and the "delete" option is still tthe only one that shows. I only have two saves from BG:DA II on the card so it's practically empty. This is so frustrating! I just tried it again about 30 minutes ago and it's the same thing. But if I go to an Indiana Jones saved game both the "copy" and "delete" options come up. Thanks for the input -- I appreciate it.

JagMX --

Yeah' date=' I thought that was the problem at first, but I am selecting the smaller circle (the one with my particular save) now and the "delete" option is still tthe only one that shows. I only have two saves from BG:DA II on the card so it's practically empty. This is so frustrating! I just tried it again about 30 minutes ago and it's the same thing. But if I go to an Indiana Jones saved game both the "copy" and "delete" options come up. Thanks for the input -- I appreciate it.[/quote']

There are 2 reasons why you can't transfer this game

1. The game save is too big for the memory cards

2. This games save is Xbox specific. You cannot transfer it to anywhere at all.

So basically quit trying now as it can't be done anyways :)

There are many games like this so whenever you run into this instance again, now you know why.

There are many games like this so whenever you run into this instance again' date=' now you know why.[/quote']

Starscream --

You mean that each of the game saves is over 8 megs? As for your second point about the save being Xbox specific, do you have any idea as to the reasoning behind that brilliant decision?

This just baffles and frustates me. I'm starting to get pissed that I spend $$ on a memory card. First I thought the card would operate like a PS2 card where I could save games directly to the card instead of the HD (I found out that you can only copy saves from the HD to the card which means you have to start the Xbox without a game in it and access the HD through the option screens on start up -- Is there an easier way?). And now I find out that some games won't let you copy saves to the card at all!

What's the deal with this? Why? :x :x

There are many games like this so whenever you run into this instance again' date=' now you know why.[/quote']

Starscream --

You mean that each of the game saves is over 8 megs? As for your second point about the save being Xbox specific, do you have any idea as to the reasoning behind that brilliant decision?

This just baffles and frustates me. I'm starting to get pissed that I spend $$ on a memory card. First I thought the card would operate like a PS2 card where I could save games directly to the card instead of the HD (I found out that you can only copy saves from the HD to the card which means you have to start the Xbox without a game in it and access the HD through the option screens on start up -- Is there an easier way?). And now I find out that some games won't let you copy saves to the card at all!

What's the deal with this? Why? :x :x

There are plenty of games that have saves over 8 megs. Some games just require more space than that for a save.

The main reason that some saves are XB specific are so you can't swap saves with someone and play.

The other reason is so game saves can't be hacked easily and transferred all across the world. Much like DOA beach volleyball with the nude hack.

There are plenty of games that have saves over 8 megs. Some games just require more space than that for a save.

The main reason that some saves are XB specific are so you can't swap saves with someone and play.

The other reason is so game saves can't be hacked easily and transferred all across the world. Much like DOA beach volleyball with the nude hack.

Oh well, I guess I have to live with it. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

It's really not that big of a deal. I'm just pissed that the card doesn't operate the way I think it should (like a ps2 card). I really only got it to back up games so my son doesn't copy over them. I wish that you could set up multiple profiles on the XBOX so that I could have a password protected section that he can't access. I shouldn't complain about him. It is HIS XBOX, and at 8 years old, he really is good about not copying over stuff or deleting games, but I'm so anal that I just want my own untouchable saves and what not.

Starscream all the quality DOAXBV skins can be found here. Not as sleazy as the ones you probably like but very nicely put together. And I'll check my XBox HD for the one I had before if you want it still.

Back on topic I think some games may have the possibility in the way the game saves are handled to provide an exploit into the xbox. So a way around people using the exploit would be to disable the ability to have the save be put on a memory card.

I think many games simply cannot be saved to the memory card. If you look at file size and it's over 500 or so, it won't fit on a memory card. Halo's this way. I wondered why you can't make a player profile to take with you, I understand saving levels and such, as the sheer ammount of stuff it keeps track of, but what about just a deathmatch characture? Oh well, it's easy enough to make a new one, or in my case, just take the X-Box over to a friends house.

Most games will give you the option of where to save the game when you save. It'll pop up with the X-Box first, but you can useually push down and select MU1A (or whichever one you want) Of course, this doesn't apply to games that won't save on memory cards.

I'm also kinda dissappointed that you cannot save all files to the memory cards, I woulndn't have minded if one save took up the whole thing, but sometimes my X-Box is subjected to kids that unfortunately have a tendancy to do things like delete everything that isn't bolted down.