IGNORED

Compumate

dykesr

Okay i want to know all the information posible about this product for the 2600. If anybody has one and they would like to part with it i am in the market, but any documentation or any info that you can post or send me would be much apreciated.

Thanks

Okay i got some more questions about the compumate. I know htat they are in both PAL and NTSC formats, and that teh PAL is much more common but, what do i need to get the PAL compumate to work if i have an NTSC t.v. and i have an NTSC atari 2600. HELP PLEASE

RD

You would need to buy a NTSC television that can also handle a PAL signal, they are called multistandard televisions. Either that or you have to buy a PAL television and a nasty big old power converter.

The chances of using the Compumate on your TV are the same as any other cart - it really depends on the frequency the compumate puts out, which I don't know. If it's close to PAL standard, and you can normally display PAL carts, it should be fine.

However, you don't need a PAL TV. If you're writing to this forum on a computer, which you will be, then just do what I did and import a TV card from eBay or something... then you can use your computer as a PAL TV without any step-down transformers and stuff. Works for me (I have two NTSC TV cards just for that job - cheaper than importing an NTSC telly!).