IGNORED

good paint program?

Marius

Hi!

Where can I find a good paint program for atari 8bit. I would like to have a file-version... but if that is not available an atr will do too.

I have the atari-artist cartridge. I would like to have such a program or better...

Any suggestions (with links or attachments :D ) would be great and appreciated much!!

Marius

I have Technicolor Dream by Red Rat Software on original floppy (it's "boxed", but in one of these DVD case like plastic slips).

I believe you could do 256 colors on screen at once, from a 512 color palette in that one, which was pretty special.

I'll have to check when I go down to my dad's basement next.

Well,

I have various disks with Gr.7, Gr. 8 , Gr. 9, Gr. 15 and Gr. 9+11 (256 colors) painting programs. Some are files, some are complete disks (with more than one file). I also have lots of utilities to enhance gr. 15 pictures (INT, ILP, XLP, MAX, GED, CIN, etc.). If interested, send an e-mail to: amp#abbuc*de greetings, Andreas Magenheimer.

Without any doubt (!), XL-ART is the best choice for standard 4-color A8 mode (BTW. you didn't mention what gfx mode are you going to use: color or hires). XL-ART is fast, has many function, smart UNDO, nice brush handling and (screen) objects' operations....

yes, you can download it from there, but gotta be registered forum user. :|

I used to use Rembrandt a lot for drawing years ago, nice program for drawing in GTIA modes but the interface is somewhat confusing.

Dont forget the cart based art programs like Epyx's easy to use Fun With Art, it supports VDI for high color and lets you save pictures to a disk.

BBK ARTIST! BBK ARTIST! BBK ARTIST!

BBK Artist was published in Analog and is a FANTASTIC paint program. One of my number one 8bit dreams ;) is to have BBK Artist updated with mouse support (on joystick port 2, or selectable port, thanks very much) and then burned to a ROM with disk-drive support.

I'm sure you can find BBK Artist for download, or you could just get the magazine on eBay and type it in. ;)