IGNORED

Mystery Jaguar project #1

Schnaasfan

I think you should probably ask Carl Forhan of Songbird Productions(at least, that's who I think you mean). And, as with many projects in the Jag community, I doubt you will get a very specific answer. Usually, the release date is slated as "when it's done". All things considered, that's perfectly understandable.

So, yeah, how's it coming Carl?

I doubt you will get a very specific answer. Usually' date=' the release date is slated as "when it's done".[/quote']

hmm.. sounds fimilar...

Would you prefer he say it'll be released next month and then fail to live up to it? I doubt it somehow and I doubt he'd like all the abusive emails he'd get if he did that... things wil get released when they're done, this is a hobby, and as such people have no managers shouting at them to cut corners in order to release things on time :D.

I doubt you will get a very specific answer. Usually, the release date is slated as "when it's done".

hmm.. sounds fimilar...

Would you prefer he say it'll be released next month and then fail to live up to it? I doubt it somehow and I doubt he'd like all the abusive emails he'd get if he did that... things wil get released when they're done, this is a hobby, and as such people have no managers shouting at them to cut corners in order to release things on time :D.

Oh, I know, Tyrant. This community is great, as far as homebrew support goes, but if a person fails to hit a particular deadline, or take a little while on getting something done, these people can be mean! It's stuff like that which caused, for instance, James Garvin of OMC Games to (perhaps?) leave the community and stop developing games for the Jaguar. I was really looking forward to Dark Guardian, too...

But, yeah, I can understand that these are spare-time projects. Besides that, the people developing for the platform are doing a great service to the remaining fanbase, you know?

It's unfortunate how harsh the community can sometimes be when it comes to getting something released. I always make sure I live up to anything I say when releasing a product to the Jag community. If you don't, LOOK OUT! :) There has also been a TON of hollow promises made to this community about upcoming releases, so I can see why folks are often skeptical.

It's unfortunate how harsh the community can sometimes be when it comes to getting something released.  I always make sure I live up to anything I say when releasing a product to the Jag community.  If you don't, LOOK OUT!  :)  There has also been a TON of hollow promises made to this community about upcoming releases, so I can see why folks are often skeptical.

Definitly, but some things people also forget is the fact that these other people that are making games also have lives outside of making a jag game - they have jobs to go to, families to take care of, and personal problems that get in the way of things too. But with Carl too you dont have to skeptical - actually i say he can take all the time he needs - :)

It's unfortunate how harsh the community can sometimes be when it comes to getting something released. I always make sure I live up to anything I say when releasing a product to the Jag community. If you don't' date=' LOOK OUT! :) There has also been a TON of hollow promises made to this community about upcoming releases' date=' so I can see why folks are often skeptical.[/quote'']

Definitly, but some things people also forget is the fact that these other people that are making games also have lives outside of making a jag game - they have jobs to go to, families to take care of, and personal problems that get in the way of things too. But with Carl too you dont have to skeptical - actually i say he can take all the time he needs -

Excellent point. I certainly have the family and job that gets in the way. I try to get the project to the end before I even start talking about a release date. That way I know I can live up to it. However, I do like to get input on it, so you almost have to let the community know what you're working on. My projects are obviously much different because they are releasing alphas/betas and items such as that, not programming new games.

I've been very impressed with what Lars has put out there. The Eerievale demo is incredibly promising. To have that engine available to make games will be amazing for the community. I'm also eager to see the Mad Bodies release! There are also a couple other projects in the works that haven't been publicly announced including a hardware one. Should be fun fun fun in 2004!

It's unfortunate how harsh the community can sometimes be when it comes to getting something released. I always make sure I live up to anything I say when releasing a product to the Jag community. If you don't' date=' LOOK OUT! :) There has also been a TON of hollow promises made to this community about upcoming releases' date=' so I can see why folks are often skeptical.[/quote'']

Definitly, but some things people also forget is the fact that these other people that are making games also have lives outside of making a jag game - they have jobs to go to, families to take care of, and personal problems that get in the way of things too. But with Carl too you dont have to skeptical - actually i say he can take all the time he needs -

dude i wish i was able to afford the pack's youve been releasing - same thing with Lars's recent little release - im hopin that when i do get the money i can somehow persuade you to hook me up with them ;)

Excellent point. I certainly have the family and job that gets in the way. I try to get the project to the end before I even start talking about a release date. That way I know I can live up to it. However, I do like to get input on it, so you almost have to let the community know what you're working on. My projects are obviously much different because they are releasing alphas/betas and items such as that, not programming new games.

I've been very impressed with what Lars has put out there. The Eerievale demo is incredibly promising. To have that engine available to make games will be amazing for the community. I'm also eager to see the Mad Bodies release! There are also a couple other projects in the works that haven't been publicly announced including a hardware one. Should be fun fun fun in 2004!