IGNORED

Top Ten Games?

Cousin Vinnie

Over at Froo-Froo, the peeps that have voted have claimed that the top 10 7800 games are:

1. Tower Toppler

2. Xevious

3. Ikari Warriors

4. Xenophobe

5. Ball Blazer

5. Commando

5. Ninja Golf

8. Food Fight

9. Crossbow

9. Midnight Mutants

Do you agree...disagree? If you have an opinion, go vote on the Atari 7800 Game Ranking Machine at http://www.bigfishusa.com/7800/agrm.html

Cousin Vinnie

I can see Tower Toppler, Xevious, Ball Blazer, Commando, and Food Fight. I would add to this list Galaga, Joust, Asteroids, Junkyard Dog and Basketbrawl (yeah, I know, but Basketbrawl is actually kind of fun).

I don't know about Ikari Warriors, Xenophobe, Ninja Golf, Crossbow and Midnight Mutants. They were good for their time, but I certainly don't play them much now.

Do you agree...disagree? If you have an opinion, go vote on the Atari 7800 Game Ranking Machine at http://www.bigfishusa.com/7800/agrm.html

Cousin Vinnie[/QB]

Although I'd jiggle the order, most of these are on-target. Midnight Mutants is my favorite, although once you get good at it it takes about an hour to play one game, so I don't play as much as I used to.

I'd ditch Ninja Golf (never got the big deal about this one, there are better golf and ninja games for the 7800; maybe it would be more fun in three dimensions), Food Fight (fun for a while, but once you get good it becomes kinda dull), and Crossbow (not enough fun to be as difficult as it is) and substitute Double Dragon, Joust, & Water Ski (I know nobody likes that one, but they're all wrong, do you hear me, wrong!).

My favorite guilty pleasure is that awful Realsports Baseball, which in no way resembles baseball, but is really addictive in its' own stupid, unbeatable way.

quote:

Originally posted by latlk:

Water Ski (I know nobody likes that one, but they're all wrong, do you hear me, wrong!).

You know, I considered putting Water Ski in my list, since I really like this game. But it's not one everyone has, so not everyone can really give it a chance to grow on them. Just remember to use the joystick buttons when you play!

E