IGNORED

Proto?

The Historian

Wow, definitely something yet unknown to me.

The screenshot graphics look quite real and doable, though the score display might be a problem and the cars are quite large for Atari 2600 sprites. Another screenshot with different digits and moving cars would be nice.

The ROM size is nothing special (8K).

Wow. I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Seems almost too good to be true (which is why I'm a little skeptical). Still, this is really interesting looking. I've never seen a proto board like that. I guess we'll have to wait and see who wins this bad boy (not me!).

Tempest

I'm a little skeptical about that, too. Isn't that a mask ROM? (I can't tell with that sticker blocking where the window would be) That second screenshot does look suspiciously like Turbo -- but that would have been a Coleco board, then. Since when did Universal make games for the 2600? (The only Universal I know of was Universal Gamex -- "X-Man") Coleco licensed Mr. Do! from Universal -- does that mean Universal decided they wanted to get into the biz? That board has a date of 1983, so a good candidate for scrapping when the crash hit...

This does have the potential to be very interesting. It looks authentic, but it's still not beyond a good Photoshop. (Screenshots are easily faked. Tone down the levels, add some line noise, gaussian blur, round the corners, bulge the image, and viola...)

Hey guys could this be a early port of the arcade game "MAX RPM" the screen shots look real similar to it, with the 2 cars racing side by side the first couple of levels you start with a red, yellow, green, light bar, then you get to a level where you are street racing and a person stands in the middle of the road and waves you to start just like these screen shots and you go through 4 gears . The only difference is the arcade has a side by side split screen this proto dosnt, the arcade is "1986 bally midway max rpm" Check out the arcade mame and see what you think???

I actually think that this game isn't made by Universal at all!

What about if it is an EPROM devoloper with the same name?

One thing is for sure those letters on the EPROM sure dont look like the Universal logo!

Taking this into consideration and we could have the real long lost "Turbo" prototype here!

Or something completely different! im gonna look a bit later at different racing game

screenshots on klov to see if I can find any similarites of the game! ;)

One thing is for sure I hope that this doesn't do an AWOL like the alternative

Texas Chainsaw Massacre did. :sad:

I don't know fellas... this looks mighty complex for something out of '83. Maybe I've been looking at the screenshot for too long, but the usual "comb" on the left side of the screen looks like, well, an actual comb.

Any word on this seller?

By the way Saikyo, I hadn't heard of the "alternate" TCM. What was the deal on that?

I don't know fellas... this looks mighty complex for something out of '83. Maybe I've been looking at the screenshot for too long, but the usual "comb" on the left side of the screen looks like, well, an actual comb.

Any word on this seller?  

By the way Saikyo, I hadn't heard of the "alternate" TCM. What was the deal on that?

1.) Seller is: http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/

2.) Looky looky: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/t...ainsawproto.htm

Assuming it is a Universal game, and like their others a port of an Arcadia title, then there are two possibilities. They had an unreleased game announced called Grand Prix 3-D and another called Route 16. Which one of you knows what those two games looked like?

Route 16 looks nothing like this. I have it for my arcadia (Leisurevision actually). Route 16 is sort of like a Venture with cars. You move through a maze (seen from over head) avoiding other cars and then move into little rooms to get the cash. It's very quirky and a really cool game.

Tempest

That sucks, that looked like a very cool proto, I just called and left a msg on Brads answering machine and told him he should post it onto bidiots.com as they allow proto's and lab loaner auctions over there, hopefully if he does, someone here will catch it and post the auction link.

Curt

Hope he will find its way to bidiots, it was one of the most interesting proto I had seen for ages.

I don't really like ebay policy about prototypes, it is getting worse and worse, they don't last more than a couple of days now :(

Nb. Hi Curt ! nice to see you :)

-Laurent

they don't last more than a couple of days now :(

Selectively though. :x Only certain peoples protos get pulled. I see other random people who aren't "in the scene" get away with it all the time.

Here is an example (As you already know. LOL):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8103756024

7 DAYS !