IGNORED

Dreamcast Propeller Arena

I'm using Agent and have been using newsgroups since 1996. Usually with these multipart messages, they are linked somehow. You click on the first message and they all download into one file. This is the first time I've seen them split up like this. Sounds more like a WinRAR thing than a newsgroup thing.

This game is prettycool - i really like it ..... xcept for one problem - controlling the plane is annoying sometimes - Its slow and couldve used some tweaking - but overall a cool game :)

- note: ive just been playing this game more, and its very fun to play. Reminds me just a little of crimson skies, but this game is very fun to play - :)

about the control, I read some preview of the game a few years ago and it said the controls try to be realistic to the WWII type of planes like the P51 Mustang, so you can't do crazy flips and rolls, you have to think like a 1940's pilot :D

I believe you and since your a local FL guy with a nice website, let me know if you need a copy :)

No problem. I've already downloaded, converted to Nero, burned, and played it. My problem was a lack of experience with WinRAR.

I've made it available on my (poor, old, slow, underpowered) Pentium 200 running Personal Web Server. No guarantees on speed (although I'm on cable) or availability. The server may be up/down/slow or whatever. It might be too much to ask of an 8 year old P200, but we shall see. (It'll be the luck of the draw!)

Anyway, here you go:

For DiscJuggler:

http://68.202.65.70/pa_dj.zip

For Nero:

http://68.202.65.70/pa_nero.zip

They're both 410 meg zipped. Good luck!

Edit: If it doesn't work and you're nice, I can put it on my P4-2.8 Ghz instead. No worries about too many connections or an underpowered system there. :D

Edit2: Let me know if it does work. I like to know if I'm being of service. :D

You can dl' Discjugglar for free, only thing is, is that it only writes at 1x in the free version - But once you dl and install it, the file's logo will turn to a DJ CDI logo - click on it and DJ will automatically run :)

oh and if you have a firewall - it'll come up as saying it blocked a Trojan horse - dont worry about that, i never read up on it, but its jus tthe Discjugglar program - :D

about the control, I read some preview of the game a few years ago and it said the controls try to be realistic to the WWII type of planes like the P51 Mustang, so you can't do crazy flips and rolls, you have to think like a 1940's pilot  :D

yeah but i dont wanna think like them ;), but anyway - its still fun to play, im really enjoying it :)

I'm using Agent and have been using newsgroups since 1996. Usually with these multipart messages, they are linked somehow. You click on the first message and they all download into one file. This is the first time I've seen them split up like this. Sounds more like a WinRAR thing than a newsgroup thing.

You've been using the newsgroups for 8 years, and you've never come across a multipart rar archive? :? These things are pretty much the defacto distribution method for large binaries.... It's better this way. Posting a single enormous binary leads to many problems with dropped messages which generally completely ruin the entire download.

As for burning the image, forget about DiscJuggler. DJ completely sucks. Get Alcohol 120% instead. It's a much easier, and more reliable program, and it can handle cdi files without problems.

As for the game itself, it feels a LOT like an FPS deathmatch in airplanes with a huge helping of AM2's usual style (like the questionable translations, and strange happy, carefree attitude of the whole game). If you're having trouble with the controls, go through some of the training missions. There are "special moves" you can do... for example, rotate from down to left and hit X, and your plane will make a VERY quick 90 degree turn. There are many others too.

I've noticed that on occaision, when you have someone targetted, it tells you to press X, and you're thrown into a very close chase mode where you essentially blast the other guy into bits. Has anyone figured out how this works exactly? Does it only work if you sneak in behind the guy or what?

Fun game... could have sold pretty well actually. It's a shame the whole 9/11 thing screwed it up.

--Zero

You can dl' Discjugglar for free' date=' only thing is, is that it only writes at 1x in the free version[/color']

Actually it doesn't write in only 1x in the free version. It writes at the lowest possible speed of your burner, in my case 8x.

On the other hand I agree with Zero, Discjuggler sucks big time, for the first time in my life I own a CD writer that's recognized by DJ and doesn't just crap out during burning. I've had about 5 different wríters and only this one works in DJ. So like Zero said, go with Alcohol 120% since it works much much better.

/Troop

If anyone downloads the files and gets a DJ .cdi image, there's another option out there. Alcohol 120% is great but the other option in to run a program called cdi2Nero which converts the DJ image into a Nero file.

http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/help_c..._cdi2nero.shtml

So your options for burning this DC game are DiskJuggler (sucks), Nero, or Alcohol 120%, I know people have burned DC games on the Mac but I've never followed the scene, the guys over at www.emuscene.com and their active forums would probably know.

This game is prettycool - i really like it ..... xcept for one problem - controlling the plane is annoying sometimes - Its slow and couldve used some tweaking - but overall a cool game :)

- note: ive just been playing this game more' date=' and its very fun to play. Reminds me just a little of crimson skies, but this game is very fun to play - [/color']

Agreed. It's pretty damn cool, except for the crappy licensed music.

i use discJ just for cdi burns, and never had a problem, it burns at 4X and takes 20min to burn a 700mb+ image, which isnt a problem for me to wait 20 min , i will just watch That 70's show i Downloaded last night :D

i have alc120%, and ive had many coasters made for me, so i dont use it

i had to stop downloading last night, and shut off my computer, just after my last post in this thread, thunder storms were causing the power to fluxuate (sp?) big time and i dont trust my cheapass protector :)