IGNORED

Power supply issues

Starhopper

If anyone wants me to modify their 7800 to standard barrel socket and provide a new PS .. I can do that for very little money.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

what do you mean? do you mean you can change the connection of the power supply. so, we can use a basic supply to run the 7800?

I can change the socket on the back of the 7800 to a standard barrel socket and provide a new power supply. Then you do not have to worry about breaking / losing that very rare original 7800 power supply.

If anyone wants me to modify their 7800 to standard barrel socket and provide a new PS .. I can do that for very little money.

what do you mean? do you mean you can change the connection of the power supply. so, we can use a basic supply to run the 7800?

I can change the socket on the back of the 7800 to a standard barrel socket and provide a new power supply. Then you do not have to worry about breaking / losing that very rare original 7800 power supply.

wow! you must be gifted. i am scared to even open my 7800! well, if my power supply goes out, i know who to call! :) thanx!

• 4 months later...
Now that I have a CC2, I think I need to look into adding a hard-reset button for the 7800 so I don't have to power cycle it all the time.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing .. How do you do that?

Also I am about to order a power supply and a standard power socket for my spare 7800. Anyone want me to order the same for them? I can modify your 7800 to use these standard power supplies also.

PM me within 24 hours if you are interested.

Don't bother with a 7800 reset button. The only reason to have one is when using a multi-cart like the CC2, and that won't get reset because there's no reset line to the cartridge slot. And it's rather tricky to wire it up.

I will probably wire up a small box with a momentary open pushbutton in line with the power wire to the 7800 .. to cycle the power for my CC2. I'm tired of pushing the power button off then on to reset the CC2. I'm afraid that it will quit working.

The current BGMicro prices for the power supply and power socket are $2.49 and $0.33 respectively. The power supply looks similar to the stock 7800 brick. I already have one 7800 converted and I'm going to convert the other one too .. and then I will probably sell my original 7800 power supply.