IGNORED

Football Manager by Accolade

jdh

Are you sure it was the 8bit game? There's a game called Football Manager by Addictive games:

Atarimania Page

And a ST game with the same name by Addictive:

http://www.atari.st/view.php?id=638

The first 8bit one is a cassette game and I'm not sure if it's been dumped, I don't have a copy, the ST version should be easy found on the first couple of Automation disks: http://steem.atari.st/automation.htm

Are you sure it was the 8bit game?  There's a game called Football Manager by Addictive games:

Thanks that's the one, I got the company mixed up , knew it began with A :)

I had a copy of this on cassette but it never worked, I bought it from a dodgy store on the market and I think it was a very bad pirate, I remember it had a very weird loading noise. I've played the game on just about every other 8bit platform (BBC, Amstrad, Spectrum, C64) but never the A8.

I may still have it somewhere :ponder:

Hi i have this game on cassette, but do not have any way of transfering it to ATR

Not sure how this is done, I've downloaded atr versions of all my cassette games, those buggers only load 50% of the time anyway :)

Maybe someone here can shed some light?

• 17 years later...

Hello,

I recently picked this up on Ebay but am having some trouble loading it.

As far as I know it's a game coded in basic so when 800xl loads up you type RUN "C:" but I just can't seem to get it to work properly

Any help / tips guys am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hmmmm,

allthough the manual says you should use RUN"C:" you may have to use CLOAD. I remember that a few commercial Basic tapes said one has to use RUN"C:" when it was in fact CLOAD (and when READY appeared one had to type RUN). Maybe this is one of these few tapes ?

If it still does not work, keep your original tape + manual and download a working CAS from the internet, e.g. from atarimania.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hmmmm,

allthough the manual says you should use RUN"C:" you may have to use CLOAD. I remember that a few commercial Basic tapes said one has to use RUN"C:" when it was in fact CLOAD (and when READY appeared one had to type RUN). Maybe this is one of these few tapes ?

If it still does not work, keep your original tape + manual and download a working CAS from the internet, e.g. from atarimania.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply I will give this a go 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

don't forget sometimes you had to use ENTER "C:   ......

so many ways to cassette...

hold start while powering up

bzzzzz press a key

RUN "C:

LOAD "C:

CLOAD

ENTER "C:

manual covers most of the loading running and saving methods...

not all proggies are basic either then you gets option keys involved or shutting off basic...

some require you not have a DOS loaded to work either

• Like 1

20 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

don't forget sometimes you had to use ENTER "C:   ......

so many ways to cassette...

hold start while powering up

bzzzzz press a key

RUN "C:

LOAD "C:

CLOAD

ENTER "C:

manual covers most of the loading running and saving methods...

not all proggies are basic either then you gets option keys involved or shutting off basic...

some require you not have a DOS loaded to work either

Thanks for the reply unfortunately my 800 XL didn't come with a manual but I will bear all this in mind also when trying it out.

Cheers

5 hours ago, TomDarth5 said:

Thanks for the reply unfortunately my 800 XL didn't come with a manual but I will bear all this in mind also when trying it out.

Cheers

Every Atari computer manual is online. Most of them can be found on Atarimania.com.

• Like 1