IGNORED

7800 Game Development... (Part 1 of 6)

Curt Vendel

You could probably load up to 255 lives (this is theoretical as I haven't identified how lives are decremented - I assumed it's DEX or something similar - and I am not sure how this would be handled by display routine). It would also be possible to load different lives number for every player:

LDX #5

STX PL1LIVES

LDX #6

STX PL2LIVES

Just my 2 cents,

Cheers

hummm... but would that work in the software?

**fade out dream sequence**

Desert Falcon Advanced...

you know made to be compatable with the high score cart and having the ablity to store lives (how about a numerical display instead of the curent one) and a table of heiro-> power and the fix for the 2nd player gets squashed very quicky becuse the code doesn't reset for 2nd player...

4852_1087352991.jpg

** fade in **

[hijack] I need to reload my better graphical art programs... [/hijack]

post-4852-1087353379_thumb.jpg

Adding the authentication signature is usually pretty simple if you use the command line utility.

Is there a compiled version for OS X? Meanwhile, after trying to compile the one that's out there and getting lost in the crypto library from hell, I've resurrected my disassembly work on the Atari ST version. I should be able to create a lean, clean C version with no library hassles within a week.

If you want to test it on your CC2 without signing it, use the 78quick setting.

Mitch

Which I can't do, because you can't do both 78quick and HSC startups. But I can upload the binary anyhow.

Looks like I needed to set the banking mode right too. I am now the first person in at least 17 years to set a high score with Desert Falcon and the HSC.

7800: Desert Falcon HSC    DFHSC78  HSC_48K  HSC	

Here's the fixed binary... and as I mentioned before, using the digital signature from the regular version of DF might be enough. Unfortunately, it looks like it may have been set to hash the entire 48K in the cartridge version, and it's just my hacked 7800 boot ROM that's allowing it to run.

dfhsc78.zip

I got that last bin to work, but I think I found a little bug in the transition from a game over to the HSC.

I got the game over right on the sphinx and the sound that it makes kept playing as long as the hsc screen was on.

Other than that it works great. :)

I knew I had an HSCQUICK startup file. I just forgot to make it available to people other than the beta testers. Anyway, there is now an HSCQUICK startup file available on the CC2 Updates page.

http://www.schells.com/cc2utils/cc2files.shtml

Also available are a new version of the SC startup files and a new BOOTROM that updates Dev Mode.

Enjoy,

Chad

• 6 months later...

Sorry bout that guess I could have explained, this one was the only one of the 6 out of order. Had a devil of a time finding it, (searching for all the wrong words)... so you have an optimised DF code compatible with the HSC? Do you have enough room to fix the level up/ two player bug?