IGNORED

SoulStar on eBay

davidcalgary29

Trip_Cannon wrote:

And if you masturbate you'll go blind!

Be careful boys, there is actually a strong link between excessive ejaculation and diminished vision in Traditional Chinese Medicine.

NOTE:

This however relates to excessive ejaculation and not excessive masturbation, in which case, well... go for Gold! :D

Ok, I need help with my copy of Soul Star...

I have a good working base and CD unit. I use Battlesphere Gold to use as the CD Bypass. Other CD bypass games work. This copy of Soul Star worked on the machine of the person I got it from.

However, when I try loading this game on my setup, all it does is load for several seconds (close to ten) and then I get a black screen. I'll sometimes see some static horizontal lines for a flicker, but a black screen.

Is it possible that certain Jaguar models don't work with Soul Star?

Can someone with Battlesphere Gold try that bypass and see if they can get their copy of Soul Star to work.

Thanks!

Doctor Clu

Ok, I need help with my copy of Soul Star...

I have a good working base and CD unit.  I use Battlesphere Gold to use as the CD Bypass.  Other CD bypass games work.  This copy of Soul Star worked on the machine of the person I got it from.

However, when I try loading this game on my setup, all it does is load for several seconds (close to ten) and then I get a black screen.   I'll sometimes see some static horizontal lines for a flicker, but a black screen.

Is it possible that certain Jaguar models don't work with Soul Star?

Can someone with Battlesphere Gold try that bypass and see if they can get their copy of Soul Star to work.

Thanks!

Doctor Clu

I got my first copy of Soul Star from somebody who will remain nameless, and it loaded fine everytime, but it skipped most of the FMV. I later bought a copy off the guy on E-bay (I only payed $25 by the way, about six months ago); I wanted to see if there was anything different about it. The FMV plays on it, well, more of it anyway, but I also had your problem when trying to load it with BSG bypass, but it DID load eventually, about 1 out of every 5 or 6 times for some reason: it loads better with the Protector:SE bypass-95% of the time. So keep trying, and make sure everything is clean, etc. It all comes down to different copies circulating with different types and degrees of corruption. I just wish the uncorrupted version would surface, the whole game IS there, I play it all the time, but it crashes a lot, but I have managed to get to about level 8 and have seen many more levels if you watch the demo: just let it play for a while...and you'll see more levels demoed. By the way, I have NOT been able to get a working copy of either of my copies. I've passed one onto a friend now (hey friend, how about returning my custom sleeves to me!!! You can keep the SS disc, I just want my artwork back!!!)

I hate to break it to you guys, but it's not in the slightest bit surprising you're having issues. All the bypass does is allow CDs to run regardless of whether they'd have passed the CRC-type check or not - whether this is because the disc never had the encryption info on it or because the disc is damaged is irrelevant. If the disc is damaged or badly copied it can still be played using the bypass if the damage doesn't cause the game to crash instantly. You're seeing the effects of a couple of unscrupulous people making dodgy and imperfect copies out of discs that are already second- or third- generation - just like a photocopier, a few random errors each time gradually degrade the copied disc. Enough errors and it'll start behaving weirdly. If there's only been a cursory check of the disc (or the seller just doesn't care) then you'll get copies that do nothing.

...You're seeing a copied disc behaving weirdly. Want to guess my diagnosis? ;)

Stone

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got Soul Star working. It was fun for like the first three stages, and yeh, gets flakey after that. But what fun! If you have the complete copy of this and are reading this, please get this wrapped up and released somehow. Man what a lot of fun!!

Love the music on it. Anyone know where I can get the music from that if anyone ripped it yet?

This also proves one think I didn't think was likely.. that the CD bypasses between Protector SE and Battlesphere Gold are not created equal. Hmm! Who would have thunked.

Well, finally got  Soul Star working.  It was fun for like the first three stages, and yeh, gets flakey after that.  But what fun!  If you have the complete copy of this and are reading this, please get this wrapped up and released somehow.  Man what a lot of fun!!

Love the music on it.  Anyone know where I can get the music from that if anyone ripped it yet?

This also proves one think I didn't think was likely.. that the CD bypasses between Protector SE and Battlesphere Gold are not created equal.  Hmm!  Who would have thunked.

Does NO ONE ever read things carefully?!? Please see my posts in this thread for some exciting info on SS (regarding the copy YOU HAVE), there's more to it than 3/4 levels if you are patient and can put up with one crappy level (4)...

Gunstar, don't get me wrong, I have heard. I have been trying to figure out the fourth level. Like, how do you kill that computer core with the barriers that hover around it?

Any hints to the fourth level would be appreciated.

How many levels have you seen or played at this point Gunstar?

Nice to know it clears back up after the fourth level.

So I take it that you know who has the complete copy. That is very cool. I thought it was "somewhere" and no one knew where it was. Nice...

So what's the problem with core then? I thought they said a complete copy could be released or did I get something wrong?

Peter