IGNORED

using a 7800 controller w/2600

halogen8

Sure will.

Either model and both fire buttons will act at the primary fire button on the 2600 controller. So you can use whichever button feels most comfortable to you.

Originally Atari had the prolines designed to be the next joystick for the 2600 system but then decided to release them for the 7800 system instead.

So in short...Yes they will work fine.

quote:

Originally posted by halogen8:

thanks for the quick response. i saw a 7800 controller at a flea market, and thought about getting it. the 2600 joystick is ok, but the design is bad. my left hand aches a lot after just a few minutes of play.

get a joypad, they are better than the regular 7800 controllers.

They can't be that rare...there is always several sets for grabs on Ebay..at any given time.

Plus there are online vendors who sell them also so they aren't rare.

If you want to use a gamepad then use either a Sega Master system controller or Genesis controller...either works really well.

If the 7800 controller you saw was cheap. Then by all means get it since they are more durable than the 2600 sticks. I also think they are more comfortable than the 2600 originals are, though many disagree with me on that.

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

I've seen a decent amount of these pads on eBay lately, but the same guy is selling 10 sets of them for $30 each, and is claiming them to be "ultra rare" They're NOT worth $30, and I really doubt they're that rare.

--Zero

That's what I did pay... and they are all right... (brand new)