IGNORED

What should I get next?

SauceCaptain

I thought I should ask you guys because you know best. I got my jaguar recently and have the following:Alien Vs. Predator, Cybermorph, Super Burnout, Flip Out, Hover Strike, Missle Command, Tempest 2000, and Iron Soldier. I love these games but I'm interested in Towers II, Breakout 2000 or something else what would you get next?

If you're a platformer fan, I would suggest Zool 2. No, seriously. I love this game and it is one of my favorites on the Jaguar.

I also love Zoop, and it is by far the best on the Jaguar, although you can get it new for under $5.00 for the SNES (I have some at the GOAT Store even) so you may want to opt for the cheaper version... but as a puzzle game, I really have gotten hopelessley addicted to it.

I would have to suggest two shooters too. The first is Raiden, as the game is an arcade perfect port of the great arcade game and I have invested many, many hours with it and the second is Protector SE which is addictive, well balanced and a heck of a lot of fun.

I will also toss in I-War, IS2, Breakout 2000 and Ultra Vortek as good games. I personally would not suggest Atari Karts if you have a SNES or N64. I just never got into it because I felt that Super Mario Kart was much more balanced than it was.

Just my opinions though :D

I second Atari Karts. That's a great one. Also, one of my favorites (but not everyone's) is I-War.

I-war is one of my favorite Jag games too. Basically, if you enjoyed Cybermorph and Hover Strike, I-war is a good choice if you are looking for something more in that genre. If you had a JagCD, I'd suggest Battlemorph and HoverStrike: Unconquered Lands, as the first is a FANTASTIC sequel to Cybermorph and the second is a MUCH improved version of HoverStrike cart all around (but only 10 of the levels will be new to you, the rest are from the cart).

Want more FPSage then Doom or Wolfenstein. Towers II is good as far as the FPS graphics, right in between AvP and Wolfenstein, but it's retro Dungeon Master style in the game play. Don't expect an all ecompassing RPG world, it's just a 12 level, non-linear dungeon romp with plenty of creatures and puzzles and a decent story/plot.

For racers, as mentioned, AtariKarts is good, but Power Drive rally is a excellent overhead rally game remeniscent of the classic RC rally on NES, albeit with graphics generations ahead. World Tour Racing is decent if you get a Jagcd.

Platformers: Rayman definately and Pitfall and flashback are must have classics if you haven't tried them on the 16-bit systems, they are slightly improved in the animation department. Hyperforce is also good, in a contra/metroid kind of way.

For fighters there's Ultra Vortek, and Dragon: Brucelee is a classic, but again only a 16-bit port. I always liked Fight for Life myself, but many people find it too slow and hard to control. You don't notice the speed anymore once you get into it IMHO, and the moves, once learned, make the fighting much more exciting and you can have endless chains of combos even ending in killer special moves. me and my friends in college spent many a late night playing this one.

I leave it at that. :D

I liked Fight For Life too. I've never been into fighting games, so it didn't bother me that the game wasn't like other 3D fighting games on other consoles, since that was what all the magazine reviewers focused on. I didn't care that it wasn't like Tohshinden on the brand new PlayStation. It was a fun game, so that's what I cared about. And it's a great game, considering it was developed by essentially one person.

must have list:

Battlemorph CD

Iron Soldier II CD/cart

Rayman

Pinball Fantasies (discovered this recently- FUN)

Protector SE

Battlesphere ;-)

Worms

Native Demo CD

worth a try:

Skyhammer

Ruiner Pinball

Atari Karts (uninspired, utterly inferior MK-clone, but for 2 player...)

Pitfall

Towers II

Cannon Fodder

Defender 2000

NBA Jam TE

Ultra Vortek (decent, not great)

Kasumi Ninja (weird fun)

Raiden (classic)

Missile Command 3D

Zero 5

Breakout 2000

Sensible Soccer

Theme Park (inferior to other versions through its choppiness)

Hover Strike UL CD (great gfx, somewhat lacking gameplay)

rather avoid these:

Club Drive

Supercross

Val D' Isere (surprised? I found this quite unplayable)

White Men Can't Jump (some like it however)

Brett Hull Hockey (expensive, poor gfx)

Checkered Flag

Fight for Life (gfx-Demo, rushed out)

Trevor McFur (poor shoot 'em up)

Bubsy (mediocre, plain platformer)

Syndicate (choppy)

I-War (boring after 2-3 levels)

wish list (for developers):

Robotron 3000!

Hmm... I have to echo the vote for Fight for Life, i always liked this little fighter :) esp the fact that you can 'absorb' your defeated opponents' moves :D

Just a word of advice though, if you do opt for Fight for Life, then you better be playin with a Pro-controller - it makes a WORLD of a difference :!:

Hmm... I have to echo the vote for Fight for Life, i always liked this little fighter  :)  esp the fact that you can 'absorb' your defeated opponents' moves  :D  

Just a word of advice though, if you do opt for Fight for Life, then you better be playin with a Pro-controller - it makes a WORLD of a difference :!:

You know, that never really ocurred to me before, I think I had a procontroller before I had Fight for Life, so I never thought about others possibly disliking it for the controls who have never played it with a procontroller. It definately IS a MUST. The shoulder buttons allow you to side step left and right which is essential to gameplay. Plus the x, y and z buttons give you three other "basic" moves which can be essential for countering the opponent's moves before starting in with the combos and special moves. although these controls can be accessed by the keypad, it would be much harder. But my point is that most people probably never even tried to use these essential controls which could lead to a dislike of the game because of hard controls, when the fact really was that they only had half the control to start with... :ponder:

Really, there are very few Jaguar games that DO NOT benefit from the procontroller.

I highly recomend it as your next purchase SUACECAPTAIN, all the games you already have will benefit from it with the exception of maybe Super Burnout.

I recommend a Pro-controller to anyone who doesn't have one and is in to the Jaguar, it really is an essential periphrial for the Jaguar System, and especially with the games released later in the Jag's life or use the keypad extensively to start with, because over a third of the keypad controls can be accessed more easily woth the pro-controller.